Together

"So you two are like, together now, right?" Dinah asked once I woke back up after a couple of hours nap and we headed downstairs. All of the girls were in the kitchen, each with a blood bag in their hands, Normani and Ally drinking out of theirs. You'd have thought I would be a little grossed out, but it's amazing the things you can get used to.

I looked at Lauren and she squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"Yeah." She said rather nonchalantly but the girls proceeded to squeal and Ally tackled us into another hug, making us all laugh.

"I'm so happy for you both." She smiled, blood still staining her usually white teeth, which I pointed out to her and she quickly turned it into a closed-lipped grin.

"I'm still happy for you." She said with a weird attempt at keeping her teeth covered by her lips.

"Thank you." Lauren reassured her with a hand on her shoulder, and the other girls sped over to the dining room doorway where we were stood, thankfully having put their 'snacks' down and wiped their mouths before talking to us. Dinah's eyes fell to my neck briefly before up to Lauren, who shook her head subtly, but I noticed it. I didn't ask anything, but I noticed it.

"What are you going to do at school?" Ally asked, and Normani nodded.

"Yeah, that attack was way to close to the humans. Anyone could've just walked around and see what was happening." She pointed out.

"I'll keep her safe," Lauren promised and her hand came to rest on the small of the back.

"I don't think it's me that we're worried about," I said quietly and looked up at her, and for some reason, her dazzling green eyes hit me again and my breath hitched. How lucky was I?

"I'll stay in the school and within visible range of people. Nothing will happen to me, I promise." She tried again and I leaned into her side and looked at the other girls for confirmation.

"Maybe we should stay here today." Ally thought aloud but Lauren shook her head.

"And have Y/n go to school by herself? No thanks." The black-haired girl retorted and I felt her hand on my back splay before relaxing again.

Then I realised just how bright it was outside. There was no way it was still before school.

"What time is it?" I questioned and Lauren glanced at a clock I hadn't even noticed before answering.

"2nd period is about to end." She grinned and squeezed my hand, "Come on, I'll take you to third."

Before anyone had the chance to protest, she scooped me up onto her back and sped off in the direction of the school. She didn't go too fast, long enough that it still took a few minutes, but weirdly enough I felt like we were going at a normal speed. I wasn't being blown around or anything. The whole way there, I was giggling my head off. I thought that's why I liked her, because she made me feel like a kid again and that, even with all this scary stuff going on, I could still laugh and joke around with her.

"Jump down then, chicken." She said when she came to an abrupt stop in an empty staircase, patting my thighs to show me what she meant in case I hadn't known, I guessed.

"Chicken?" I questioned as I did as she asked and took her hand. History was just around the corner, so we had just a bit of a walk to go still.

"I don't know, I call everyone chickens. Or nuggets." She shrugged and I giggled again as I leaned into her, and she quickly put her arm around my shoulders.

"What about chicken nugget?"

"That's a bit much." She said with a small laugh, and I frowned and faked an upset pout.

"What if I wants to be a chicken nugget?" I asked in a tiny baby voice to let her know I was just teasing, but she looked down at me with only a minuscule grin.

"Okay, Chicken Nugget." She smirked and I laughed as I pushed myself even further into her side, turning the corner that led to history class.

"You five are late." The coach said as soon as he saw us down the hall. He'd been closing the door or something when he spotted us. I turned and saw the other three behind us by a few steps, talking amongst themselves, and blushed because they'd probably seen that whole interaction between me and Lauren. My girlfriend Lauren, so why should I care if they saw? My blush faded and I turned back the right way around.

"Watch this." Lauren whispered to me and then turned to the teacher, "But you're going to let us all off, yeah?" His eyes went a little distant and he nodded, "And Y/n is going to be moved next to me, right?" He nodded again and stepped aside to let the girls and me in.

"Easy," Lauren said cockily as she led me to her seat and the one next to it, in between her and the wall, when Dinah used to sit. I tried to ignore the many pairs of eyes glued to us.

"Oh, hell no," Dinah exclaimed and tried to race to the seat, but all I had to do was sit down to I beat her. With a huff, she took Ally's seat instead, leaving Ally to steal Normani's and Normani to then have to sit at the end of the table. Thankfully, there were just enough seats for us all. I laughed softly at the girls' antics and Lauren looked over at me with a grin.

"That's better." She smiled, shuffling her seat over so it was touching mine and holding my hand between us.

"Lo, this is cute and all, but..." I began, quietly since the teacher was starting the class now, and she looked up at me confusedly, "I'm right handed and I need to write notes." I told her and she sighed and let go.

"Couldn't you be a leftie?" She joke-complained under her breath and I stuck my tongue between my teeth to stop me from erupting into laughter.