Issue

"We might have an issue." Normani announced with wide eyes, making Ally and Dinah's do the same.

"How big of a 'problem'?" Ally asked and Normani grimaced and see-sawed her hand.

"Just a small one." She said in a tone that suggested it was anything but, "The... the wolves may or may not be here."

"Let me out! Don't let them take her!" Lauren burst back into action, banging and shouting at the door again. Fear spiked in my heart at the panic evident in both Lauren's voice and the other girls' faces.

"What's going on? What are 'the wolves'?" I asked but got no reply, only raising the anxiety in my veins.

"Can't you just take her home?" Dinah asked Normani who shook her head.

"If they're here then they already know she's here. If we take her home they'll want to look for her everywhere, including the cellar. They'll let Laur out."

"LET ME THE FUCK OUT!" Lauren tried again, pounding against the door.

Then there was another pounding against another door and the house fell silent. Even Lauren was quiet.

"We know you're in there." A deep voice came from the front door, "And we know the girl is too."

"...Do they mean Laur or Y/n?" Dinah whispered and Normani shot her a look I would not want to be on the receiving end of.

"Now's not the time, sorry." Dinah mumbled but snapped back to attention when a figure slinked past the window of the living room, making me jump out of my skin.

"Y/n?" A familiar voice called out from outside.

"Was that... Camila?" I asked quietly, making Dinah, Ally, and Normani's worried eyes snap onto me, "What is she doing here? I thought you said something about wolves..."

"Let us in, ya Leeches!" Another voice with a thick Scottish accent called out and Ally quickly jumped to her feet whilst Lauren proceeded to hit against the door again.

"What are we going to do?" Ally asked with wide eyes.

"I- I don't know." Normani admitted and Ally took a deep breath, evidently trying to calm herself.

"What do they want? Why are they here?" I asked, trying to see if I could figure out a solution to a problem I knew nothing about.

The door knocked again and Normani turned to me.

"Okay, long story short, they're werewolves. We're vampires, as you know. We don't really get along all that well and because of that there was a war between us, eventually solved by Lauren's truce." She explained.

"Lauren as in that Lauren?" I asked and she nodded, "Wow, that can't have been long ago then."

"Well... not really. Anyway, the truce meant that the werewolves had protection over the people they chose, and we weren't supposed to even speak to those people. We had similar power but mainly it was so we could still have at least half the town under our territory, meaning we could do whatever we wanted on it."

"Let me guess, I'm under the werewolves' protection?" I jutted in.

"Correct, and now they want to take you back. The thing is, they fact that you're here at all is breaking everything about the truce which could lead to another war and therefore put the whole town at risk, not to mention that Lauren was the only one who could stop that last war and she's... not exactly fit to do that again right now. If she wrote another truce she'd likely give everything up just to have you."

I didn't know why that flattered me so much, but I found myself smiling slightly at the thought.

"Well, what if I just go back with them? Wouldn't that solve everything?"

"Not likely." Dinah joined in, "The 'wolves aren't really the forgiving type."

"So they must want something else. If I was all they wanted then having me back would solve everything. If they won't forgive, then... they must be holding a grudge. What else do they want?" I ask, thinking out loud, and the girls mouths hang open.

"Damn, shes good." Normani mutters, then goes back to a normal volume, "There a rivalry between us because they wanted our land but we were already here first, and we can't just up and leave. Plus there's basically a wedge driven between our species but that's because of things our ancestors did and we can't exactly solve those... not within the five minutes it'll take for them to find a way in."

"Right. Well, I can't think of anything then." I mumble and toss my arms onto my lap in defeat, only to then wince when my cut hand is hit.

I could've sworn I heard a weak, 'Don't hurt her.' from the cellar but nobody else reacted so I shrugged it off.

"You've got three seconds till we tear this place down." That deep voice warns from outside, and Ally sighs heavily.

"We don't really have a choice." She highlights and the others nod, prompting her to head to the front door and open it. On the other side stands a tall, muscular man with an ash-grey beard and icy eyes that stand out from his dark complexion dramatically. He regarded Ally as though she was nothing at all and then stepped through the threshold, only to then stay right there in the way of the door. Behind him I glimpsed a few more people standing around and peering into the house.

"You broke the truce." He husked.