Act

Double Update! What are you thinking so far?

"Where are we?" Lauren repeated, jumping off of the chest and landing with a soft thud. I shuffled back even though she didn't take any steps towards me, everything I'd been told about her echoing in my mind.

'You don't want to get involved with that'

'She's not just another student.'

'She's dangerous.'

The look Camila gave me when I said she couldn't be crazy or a serial killer.

Right now, wherever we were, with her standing and looking down at me menacingly, told me that she might very well be either of those things.

"Don't worry..." she grinned eerily, or maybe it was just eerily because now I'm seeing her as a serial killer, "I won't hurt you yet; I'm just curious."

Yet.

I gulped as she took a step forwards, and then she squatted down so we were at eye level.

"Where are we?" I repeated, and she tilted her head to the side a tiny bit.

"We're in the cellar." She said as though it were the most obvious thing in the world, "Don't worry." She repeated, but that only sparked my worry even more.

"Lauren?" A voice came from outside followed by a gentle knock on the door.

She bolted to her feet and towards the door faster than I could process what happened and when a slot in it opened, she was already blocking me from view of whoever was out there.

"Ally." She growled.

I tried to call out, but my throat was too sore to manage anything loud enough and my limbs felt too heavy to move.

"How are you feeling?" The shorter girl I now knew was on the other side of the door asked, completely unfazed by Lauren's behaviour, it seemed.

"Let me out!" The dark haired girl shouted, making me flinch as she jiggled the door.

But she'd just been out? At school?

"I have some-" Ally was interrupted by Lauren yelling again.

The girl sighed and handed something through the slot to Lauren who snatched it from her and tossed it over her shoulder. As it flung through the air, I identified it as a bag of blood like the ones in hospitals. Why the hell would she give her one of those? And why wouldn't she let Lauren out of the cellar? And why couldn't I move?

My mind swam with so many questions that I didn't notice when Ally left and Lauren practically flew to the other side of the room again where the chest was. I did notice, though, when she lifted the bag from where it had landed and uttered a "Disgusting bag of fucking shit." Before opening the chest and shoving it inside roughly.

"You're the only thing that'll quench this hunger now." She snarled, looking back at me, and I gulped and flinched yet again.

This must be a dream. This can't be real. Nope, just a dream. Or a nightmare... the point is I'll wake up any minute now.

Closing my eyes tightly, I tried to will myself awake.

"Why? Why is it you?" She asked, and now her cold breath gently hit my face as she spoke. I decided to try to keep up conversation because I obviously wasn't waking up and she was obviously still 'intoxicated'... whatever she had meant by that. It was better to keep her distracted by talking than find out what exactly she meant by only I could quench her hunger another way.