The Kiss

Joanna had made the river her favourite place in the palace. Everytime she had some free time to spare, she would go to the river and read and the fact that the Prince had left the palace gave her room to do what she loved. She was busy reading when she heard the rustling of the bush far behind her. Instantly she was alarmed, she vigilantly looked for the source of the noise but she couldn't see anything. She turned away from the bush only to be greeted with a male figure.
"Is it a habit of yours to watch people when they are not looking"? A man asked. The man stood before Joanna smiling. He was tall and masculine. He wore a white shirt that was not fully buttoned thus exposing his chest. His trousers were black and well fitting.

Joanna could have screamed at the top of her lungs, she could have chosen to run away, but she did not, instead she stood looking at the man that completely rendered her speechless and confused her at the same time. His face was inches away from hers. She could see his skin was tanned and his eyes were green as grass, she could also feel the warmth of his breathe on her skin, she noticed he had a perfect jaw line and his lips looked lush.
"Your...Your highness," she managed to say. She slightly bowed her head to avoid being drawn in with the beauty of his green eyes. "It's either his eyes change during the day or I am completely loosing my mind," Joanna thought to herself.
"Look at me," the man said.
Without thinking twice, Joanna did as she was told, when she looked into his eyes once again, his expression was intense, almost threatening. For a moment Joanna thought maybe he was angry but before she could ponder it further, he yanked her to him and covered her lips with his in a hungry kiss. She responded immediately surprising herself. His mouth was warm and the caress of his lips softer than she has ever envisaged. He tasted tentatively with his tongue, and Joanna opened her mouth in a low moan.

In a split of seconds, Joanna was back to her senses. She pushed the man away from her as if she had been burned. "How dare you behave so improper with me?" Joanna shouted in a strangled voice." I may be your servant, but I am not and will never be your mistress!" She shouted as her eyes burned with both anger and desire. She picked up the hem of her dress and run off, leaving her book behind.