Magic

Sitted behind his desk, Darius watched as the queen paced back and fourth in the study room. Her constant pacing and ranting almost gave him a headache. He understood why his mother was on the edge but he could do nothing to change the current situation. He had questioned Joanna time and time again concerning the hourglass but nothing substantial came out of it, Joanna insisted she was innocent. It ached his heart to see Joanna cry and plead for her freedom but he could not afford to be moved by her tears and as much as he wanted to believe she was innocent but Darius would never doubt his mother's judgement. He strongly believed the queen wouldn't dare to accuse anyone wrongly, she was the wisest person he knew.

Darius sighed in defeat. He was wrong to think he could trust and love a servant. He had no future with people who had no royal lineage, to Darius, peasants will always remain to be peasants. He made a decision to make sure that Joanna speaks up the truth, she had to say where the the hourglass was even if it meant forcing the truth out of her.

The missing hourglass was not an ordinary hourglass, it was magically enchanted and the flow of the sand showed how much time the king had left and it going missing, made it hard for the queen and the prince to know just how many days the king had left.

The queen was still pacing up and down when the doors of the chamber swang open,Stanley stood before the queen and the prince with his chest panting up and down. Darius quickly stood from the chair and drew out his sword and the Queen abruptly brought her speed to a halt. " You better have a good explanation for your insolence Mr.Stanely! Darius retorted.
"You...your high...highness, ma..magic," Stanely managed to say in between breathes. The queen and the prince looked at each other with surprise written all over their faces. "What did you say?" The queen managed to ask.
" Magic, magic in the kingdom your..." Stanely said but before he could finish his statement, the queen and prince Darius raced out of the room like a stallion racing towards the battle field.