Damsel in distress

Hey Guys!!! Am back! Sorry I took a while before writing again, I had technical problems but am happy to report am back with energy to thrive. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, it's short but it's totally worth a read.

Please please, comment,vote and share, your feedbacks give me the strength to go on!!

Thaaaaannkkss!!

It had been a long day for Joanna, she had spent the better part of the day cleaning and scrabbing and all she wanted to do was, go to her favourite place and immerse herself in one of her books, she had no plans of bumping into the prince or sharing a kiss that she deeply enjoyed with him.

Joanna paced back and fourth in her room, it was obvious she was furious. " How dare he treats me like one of his mistresses?And how could I enjoy it so much? I could have closed my mouth, I should have never allowed him to kiss me, how could I stoop so low?" Joanna questioned herself over and over, she could not form a logical explanation to explain why she allowed the prince to kiss her or why she liked being kissed by him. It was okay for a man to fall head over heels for her but it was not okay for her to fall prey to their charms, it was against her dream of becoming an independent woman.

She could hear her heart beating so loud, but she could not tell whether it was anger or joy that was bubbling inside of her. A small part of her wished that the Prince would love and marry her but the better part of her knew it was impossible to be loved by the prince, the only position a servant could get in his life was as a mistress and Joanna was convinced that it was better to be a servant in the palace, than a mistress whose service was only to offer her body to the prince.

She sighed in defeat as she collapsed on the bed. She looked outside the window and realized it was already dawn. She changed into her sleeping dress and fell in the embrace of her bed.

She would sleep and welcome a new day, leaving the events of the day behind her, she resolved to herself that she would avoid the prince no matter what comes her way, she may be a servant, but she will never be a piece of toy to be played around with whenever one deemed it fit.