I'll have you

The prince was exhausted, he had spent the whole week and the better part of the day visiting the neighbouring kingdoms in search of a healer who would deliver his father from his misery.

He knew his body needed some rest but his mind would not allow him to sleep. He sat on the edge of his bed lost in oblivion. It pained him to know he was unable to help his father, he had fought and won battles but he had failed to do the only thing that truely mattered,saving his dying father.

For so long he desired to help his father so that he would know how it felt to have a complete and happy family. Yes, he had both parents but never once had he had the chance to enjoy their presence, his father was always lying sick on his bed and his mother beside him crying and praying to the gods. It wasn't long enough until the day his father was rendered completely incompetent to take care of the kingdom, forcing his young son to take over the leadership of the kingdom.

A part of him yearned to have a family of his own,he had been with different women but none proved to be able to be a good wife or queen.

Immediately his mind switched back to the servant with brown eyes. Every time he set his eyes on her his heart skipped a bit, there was something about her that captivated his heart. Could he really be with a servant? It was against the rules of the kingdom to be with someone of a peasant class, royal had to marry royal, that had always been the rule. Could he really go against his fore-fathers?

He stood from the bed and paced back and fourth while nodding severally, it was now clear to him that his mind was completely overwhelmed with everything that was going on, he couldn't possibly consider being with a servant.

He managed to convince himself  that he was only thinking about the servant because it had been a while since he had been with a woman. To brush off the awkward thoughts that were running through his mind he decided to walk back to his bed and completely surrender to the sleep that desperately wanted to devour him, tomorrow marked another day of searching for his father's healer and avoiding sleep will do more harm than good.

By dawn the prince was already up and about, he was saddling his horse when he had the most soothing voice coming from the stable. At first the prince did his best to avoid the voice but with each sound that came out of the singer's mouth the harder it became to ignore, finally his curiousity got the better part of him and he slowly walked towards the stable as if the voice sired him to an unknown paradise, but before he could reach his destination, Joanna stumbled against him while leaving the stables causing the bucket she carried to drop and splash some water on the prince.

"Goodness servant! Are you blind?" The Prince shouted as he threw daggers at her.
"Am...am sorry your highness," she apologised as she bent down to pick up the bucket.

The prince remained standing, studying her like a hawk that was ready to snatch away whatever it found pleasing in it's eyes. It was clear he was deep in thought.

Meanwhile Joanna was trying hard to control her palpitating heart. The Prince was before her once again, through out the week she had succeeded in avoiding him, she even abandoned her favourite place in the palace just to make sure she would never have to see him again. Why did she have to meet him again? And why was she feeling skittish? "Would he kiss me again?" she continuously wondered.

Her eyes were fixed on the floor and her mind was lost in thought that she did not realise the prince had moved closer to her, but this time, there was something different about his aura, last time he was close to her she could hardly breathe and every fibre in her body demanded his touch but this time she only felt angered. She glowered her eyes towards his and took a step back and there it was, his eyes were different once again. Joanna's confusion made her more angry, she could not understand the different emotions the prince evoked in her every time she was around him.

"What are you doing here my lord?" she managed to ask with her eyes completely glued on him.
Raising a brow the prince answered, "I am yet to see the day a decree will be passed to cease kings from walking in their own homes."

Joanna could not stand the arrogance of the man that stood before her with his arms confidently crossed behind him. She was in no mood to urgue or exchange words with him so she decided to excuse herself but before she could completely exit the stables, the prince' words brought her feet to an unexpected halt and her heart in an unstoppable speed!