Rest

Joanna's heart kept on pounding to the beat of her feet racing over the ground. Beads of sweat rolled down her forehead. She could not allow herself to stop running, she knew she was weak and far away from where they had camped but the thought of taking a break scared her.

The shimmering blue eyes of the wolf kept on appearing before her eyes,the wolf stood it's ground,watching her as if calculating when will be the right time to pounce on her. She could hear her heart beating rapidly as she helplessly stood before it, she couldn't recall where she gathered the strength to run but immediately her mind said run, she run as fast as her legs could carry her screaming at the top of her lungs for help, she regretted getting up to ease herself and she felt like she hated the Prince more for bringing her along.

Before she knew it, Joanna was lying prostrate on the ground with a throbbing knee. She unknowingly hit her leg against a stone and no matter her efforts to stand and walk her way out of danger the pain on her right knee was determined to put her down.

Joanna felt alone and defeated, she couldn't hold in her tears anymore, she cried until she could cry no more. Summoning the strength to overcome her fears, she looked around to see if there was anywhere she could find a safe haven in the dark forest."At least the wolf is not following me anymore",she said to herself, but deep within she knew danger still lurked in the forest.

She dragged herself to a nearby tree and sat under it.She was in pain, tired and sleepy, after battling to get some sleep for hours, sleep finally came like an angel of death saving her from her misery.