Unspoken words

Joanna stood before a massive brown door with Leo by her side. Leo gently pushed the door open and guided Joanna inside the room before removing the blindfold from her eyes. Joanna's jaw dropped and her eyes widened, shimmering with great awe, the site before her took her breath away.

The baronial room was extremely pleasant to look at. It had wide windows from where one could see the mountains and the country's landscape. There was a huge bed neatly made and cotton pillows were orderly arranged on top. Plenty of books were perfectly arranged on the shelves opposite to the bed. The room was everything Joanna dreamt of having. Her heart swelled with excitement, impromptu, Joanna threw herself against Leo's body and pulled him into a tight hug. The hug was short but soft and it ended as soon as it begun. Leo could have wanted it to last longer but he was contended with the sincerity of the hug.

"Do you like it?" Leo nervously asked.
I don't just like it, I love it, Mr, I mean your highness." Joanna confusingly answered. She bit her lower lip and dropped her eyes on the floor, she knew the man before her was not the prince but she did not know his name either and she did not know how to say that she knew he was not the prince." Are you okay?" Leo asked, narrowing his eyes suspiciously.
"Yes." Joanna answered and turned her attention to the room. She ambled towards the balcony, standing in place to inhale the cool upland air,the wind whirled through her hair, flooding her with peace that made the world seem glorious.

Side by side they stood, their different heights, perfectly complimenting each other. Both of their hands twitched, thirsty for each other's warmth. In a slow but sure motion, Leo smoothly moved his hand closer to Joanna, locking it with his. There was a long pause between them but their minds were on the battle field, fighting for the courage to express their inner most feelings.

It is an heard of to fall inlove with a stranger but Joanna was in love and she did not mind fighting dragons or crossing the wildest seas just to be with the the man who stood so close but so far away from her. There was a part of her that warned her to stay away but she could not dare to obey. The strange man had secrets, great mysteries for her feeble mind to unravel but she craved for his love, it was not enough to spend a day with him, she wanted to have an eternity with him even if it doomed the existence she had grown to know.

The strongest love is the love that can demonstrate its fragility and Leo was indeed in a fragile state, it took all his might to release the words tightening his throat. "I have been meaning to ask you something." Leo said after clearing his throat. He softly placed Joanna's hand close to his chest, wondering if she could feel the impact of his beating heart. Joanna glanced at him and their eyes met, words could not be formed, Joanna's throat had suddently gone dry and all the words she knew ceased to exist. She tried to avoid his eyes but she was drawn to them, his green eyes were like male sirens, pulling her into the sea and she willingly allows herself to be devoured by their beauty. 

"Will you....." Leo halfly asked before he was interrupted.
"Your highness, the seamstress has arrived." Dotty said politely.

"Wonderful! I will leave you ladies to work your magic." Leo said. And even though he smiled, the smile never reached his eyes. His declaration of love was forced to wait one more time. He gently placed a kiss on Joanna's hand and excused himself. Joanna's cheeks flushed and her eyes sparkled. She had found the man the gods ordained for her and her heart couldn't help but dance.

Like a mother looking at her daughter, so did Dotty look at Joanna. The guilt she felt for not being able to help Joanna at her time of need could not be compared to how pleased she was to see Joanna free and happy. "Dotty, have I suddenly grown horns?" Joanna teased. Dotty giggled and wiggled her head. "You haven't grown horns dear,am just glad to have you back." Dotty said as she escorted Joanna to the seamstress.