Caught and revealed

Dotty silently finished attending to Joanna, she took the basin and towels she had used and walked out of the room, leaving the prince pacing back and fourth while whispering to himself. Leo had refused to leave Joanna's side. Guilt and pain weighed him down as he recalled how he fervently searched for Joanna. For days he had assumed she had gone back to her home town, only to find out she had been locked up and almost starved to death. He was disgusted to be in the body of the man who foolishly imprisoned an innocent person but his sickly feelings towards Darius could not be compared to the fear that desperately wanted to cripple his mind.

Being in the prince's body wouldn't make it easy for him to win Joanna's heart. He strongly believed that Joanna hated the prince for failing to be there for her when she needed him the most. Over and over Leo tried to make sense of his current predicament, but his mind couldn't focus or think straight. He desperately desired to know the person who dared to present false allegations against Joanna. As much as he did not spend most of his days with Joanna, his heart assured him she was innocent. Leo strongly believed death was sweet for those who deserved it, but he would make sure that death was far beyond the reach of the person who dared to hurt his beloved.

Several times Leo contemplated on casting a spell to find out who was the mastermind behind the missing hourglass but he knew a simple threat would do wonders. Instead Leo cast a spell around the kingdom, preventing anyone from leaving even if they strongly desired to. For a second, a smile brightened his face. "At least one thing is going right." Leo said to himself.

Leo ambled towards Joanna and sat besides her. He silently watched as she peacefully slept on his bed. He gently took hold of her hand and placed a soft kiss on it. Despite her current condition, Joanna remained to be beautiful in Leo's eyes. "Get better mi amor." Leo whispered and placed another kiss on Joanna's forehead. Leo was lost in the beauty lying before him when two guards shuffled inside the chambers.
" My Lord, the culprit has been caught." The guards said at the same time.

Leo triumphantly smiled, causing his eyes to magically glow. As if sensing the positive energy in the room, Joanna slightly opened her eyes but she did not see prince Darius, she saw Leonardo, the thief with magical powers.