Family

Bekina did a splendid job on Joanna,her face was dolled up, her hair was perfectly curled up and her dress perfectly fit her. She looked just like the queen she was. She swiftly swayed her way down the spiral stairs and just after taking the last step, the music stopped and all eyes were on her. Joanna wished the ground would open up and swallow her,attention was good for Joanna only when it was directed towards someone else. She wanted to run back upstairs and disappear in her slumber once more but she was amazed to see the people's faces  plastered with smiles, it seemed like they were all happy to see her and for a moment Joanna felt like the world had suddenly become the best place to be in. She could not believe what she was seeing, the scene before her was beautified by beautiful people with beautiful hearts and for the first time in a life time, she was at the centre of attention and everyone sincerely loved her presence.

While Joanna was still adjusting to her new situation, two children came running towards her."Mama,come and see what papa got for us!" The girls ceremoniously said.

Joanna was completely dumbfounded, the children who were now pulling her hands towards the dinning room were her children. They were beautiful, they had beautiful brown eyes and black curly hair, Joanna concluded they got the hair from the man who claimed to be a husband.

Without knowing how,Joanna was in the living room. The room was massive and beautifully kept, boxes of gifts were arranged near the window. Mama, look,papa got me a doll!" The girl on Joanna's right said.
"Me too Mama," the one on the left also said.
Joanna was extremely perturbed, she did know who was who since the girls were completely identical and it would be rude of her to  ask her own daughters their names. She sighed in defeat as she bent towards them.
"The dolls are very beautiful my darlings, have you thanked your papa?
The girls looked at each other and nodded in disagreement.
"No need to worry, just make sure you thank him before the day ends." Joanna said with a smile and the girls nodded in agreement.
"Did you get us anything mama?" The girl on the left asked.

Joanna was caught off guard, she didnt know what to say." What will they think of me if I tell them I did not get them anything,goodness, I don't even know their names, surely they must understand I was bed ridden, oh, does this get any worse?" Joanna questioned and argued with herself.

"Of course she got you something my darlings, she is your mother after all," a man said with a smile drawn on his face as he approached Joanna and the girls.
Joanna was relieved, her husband was aready proving to be his knight in a shinning armor.
'Go on and play children, your mother has to entertain the visitors.' The man stated.

The girs were out and running. Joanna thanked her husband for intervening when he did and she was pleased to know the man was not offended that she could not remember her husband's name and the names of her children.