Beautiful Confusions

"Who are you?" Without thinking twice Joanna blurted out the question. The man watched Joanna with confusion. "What do you mean by that, I am your husband my queen," he sincerely answered.
"Husband!How?" Joanna exclaimed. Her breathing increased and her heart beat accelerated, Joanna never planned to be enslaved and she definitely did not plan to be enslaved and not recall allowing herself to be subservient to a man. Sure, once in a while she wished she could be a queen but she never thought a king will be needed in her fantacies. She was in the land of the dead, at least the gods could have granted her wish without involving a man, to Joanna, it could have been better if they substituted the man with travelling and reading books.

"You surprise me my queen, was the fall that severe?" He asked as he moved towards her and took hold of her hand.
"Yes, the fall, I fell in the forest, I was running away from a wolf," she retorted.
The man looked at Joanna with more questions than answers.
" Please sit down, I think I'll have to call the doctor." He said with a worried expression written all over his face.

Joanna did not oblige to his request, instead she paced back and fourth trying to figure out the best approach to the predicament she found herself in. Inhaling in and out, she decided it will be best if she calmed herself down, she needed answers, but she was not going to get them by raging like a lunatic. Finally deciding to sit down, she took hold of the man's hand and slightly smiled.
"Forgive me, my mind is all over the place and I can't seem to remember anything." She said.
Sitting beside her,the man felt remorseful. "I know you must have a bunch of questions running through your mind, but I promise to give you answers after we are done downstairs.
"Do we have visitors?" Joanna asked.
"Yes my queen, our daughters just turned four,I'll call Bekina to get you ready,am sure the girls will be happy to see their mother." And with that, the man shuffled out of the room leaving her more confused.

Joanna was married and with two children but she didn't remember giving birth, falling in love and becoming a queen. She was frustrated and she needed answers.She needed to know why the gods decided to give her a new life by completely erasing the memory of who she was before she became a wife and a mother.