Heartbreaking return

If it was possible, Joanna would have filled a pool with her tears. She was beyond happy and she couldn't find the words to describe the joy that was bubbling inside of her. It was confirmed that she was officially dead, it could have been a bad thing if she had anything to loose but all she had to loose was right there in front of her, gracing her with her beauty and looking at her with so much love and affection.

The red gown fit her perfectly and her tied up hair portrayed all the hidden features of her face and her hazel brown eyes were publicly displayed for anyone who knew and was able to identify beauty whenever its presence filled a room.

Martha Lockwood watched as her daughter desperately tried to control her emotions, she wondered why her child had suddenly grown emotional, but before she could ponder further on her questions, Joanna had wrapped her hands around her, hugging her with so much love, it was like Joanna had spent her days dreaming of the day she would see her mother again.

"Oh dear, was the fall that severe?" Martha asked as she received the hug.
Joanna couldn't help but chuckle, she knew explaining to her that she had died would only do harm than good.
"It's nothing mother, I am just pleased to see you, that's all." Joanna said as she wiped her tears away.

The day was a success, Joanna was with the people she loved and she felt complete. Finally she would know how it feels to completely happy. The gods had granted her her deepest desires and she was contented.
Discovering her husband was Antony came as a surprise to her but she accepted the order of things in a new life. She was grateful to have her mother and father with her and it was also a blessing to have her two children with her. Joanna couldn't count the number of times she had found herself smiling at herself, the people of her kingdom loved and appreciated her counsel and most of all Antony was a good king and husband. But as soon as she started loving and accepting her new life, everything begun to change for the worse.

The familiar kingdom was no longer familiar, the people's faces  were no longer friendly but they kept on changing in to scary creatures chasing her around the palace. Susan and Cicie, the daughters Joanna had grown to love disappeard and Antony was no longer Antony but Prince Darius. Even in her dreams the man haunted her with his negative aura, Joanna was petrified, she run down the stairs like a mad woman but when she was about to reach the door, the ground opened and swallowed her. Her fall was determined not to have a stop and her screams grew louder and louder sapping the little strength she had left away from her.

Joanna could hear a familiar voice calling out for her but the wicked laughter that filled the air made it impossible for her to think straight. She screamed for help one last time before deciding to close her eyes again and this time she opened she wouldn't open them again.