Arrested

Joanna could not help but smile and laugh at everything Prince Darius said. At first she had perceived that Darius was a cold hearted man with no sense of humour but as she took her time to know him, she realised he was just another human being with a tender heart as her own.

Prince Darius wanted to know all there was to know about Joanna, he even went ahead to ask her her name in a respectful manner. Everything was going great between them and Darius was even ready to defy the rules of the kingdon so that he could spend the rest of his days with Joanna.

The calm weather and the soothing brilliance of the sun made Joanna's and Darius' meeting more lively,some birds were whistling their favourite melodies as if they could sense the birthing of something beautiful. Sitted at Joanna's favourite spot, the soon to be love birds were deep in conversation and laughter that they did not hear the heavy footsteps matching towards them. At a blink of an eye, one of the guards grabbed Joanna and forcefully pulled her against his armored body. Everything happened so first, Joanna's heart was already beating faster than usual and her breathing accelerated. She was terrified and dumbfounded at the same time and her mind failed to think coherently. Darius was also shocked and up in arms. He quickly pulled his sword from his left side and pointed it towards the man who dared to desrespect his love.
"What do you think you are doing? Release her at once! Darius ordered.
"Your highness, the queen demands the servant to be apprehended at once." The guard replied.
"She is my servant, I decide what does and doesn't happen to her, release her at once or I'll have your head on a platter!" Darius retorted.
Joanna should have been happy the prince stood for her, but her heart ached more at his words than her current predicament. She was not a friend but a servant to the prince. She was just another girl in his list of concubines. Releasing a soft mourn, Joanna willingly let her tears flow, she was stupid to allow herself to think the prince would see her as more than a palace maid.

The soldiers quickly obeyed the command and released Joanna but this did not stop them from escorting Joanna to the royal courts with a look of disdain drawn on their faces. Thousands of questions run through Joanna's mind, she could not think of any reason as to why the queen would want her arrested. She had not done anything wrong, she had not eaten what she wasn't suppose to eat and she did not take anything that did not belong to her. The only logical explanation she could come up with was that the queen was not pleased to have her only son associating with a servant. Joanna was completely perplexed and hurt at the same time, she wondered if Darius would dare to go against his mother's wishes because of a mere servant or would he turn his back on her when she needed him the most.