Hysterical encounter

Each step she took had a dark memory hidden behind it. Joanna was tempted to rush back upstairs but her mind was determined to complete the quest. Taking deep breaths, she gathered the courage she needed to face the person who had callously accused her of a crime she did not commit.

Before the rusty iron bars she stood, dumbfounded and completely aghast. In a spun of a moment she had gone from curious to galled. With a smirk plastered on her face, Rayala stared at Joanna with no ounce of remorse, instead, she smiled, making sure that despite her awful condition, her enemies will not have a chance to gloat over her failure.

"Missed me already?" Rayala asked scornfully.

"How could you?" Joanna questioned.

" You deserve that and a lot more, if you had only kept your nose where it belonged we would have never clashed." Rayala seethed as her voice grew louder and louder. She was no longer standing but like a vigilant predator she moved closer to the iron bars, silently wishing she could pounce on Joanna and bring an end to her existence.

"You should know that you are ugly, poor and miserable, men will forever see you as the harlot you are, hahaha!"  Rayala bellowed as she laughed hysterically.

Rayala's words had touched a nerve but Joanna was determined to have the final say. Instead of running away in fear, she moved closer to the bars, drawing a smile that reached her face.

"Truly the darkness was designed to hide away the light." Joanna whispered as her eyes circled the prison.

"It's obvious you haven't heard, but i'll fill you in. I am the queen who never slept her way to the royal sit." Joanna bragged.

In a split of seconds, Rayala's skin had lost all color and her eyes became darker than coal.

" You are lying! The prince loves me! He told me he loved me when he made love to me! He is mine!" Rayala shouted as she pounded her fist against the iron bars. She had completely gone hysterical, taking Joanna by surprise. She continuously banged her head against the bars, forgetting that she could easily put herself in harm's way.

"Rayala stop!" Joanna begged but her plea fell on deaf ears. Rayala had lost all control, ripping off her clothes while she threw all manner of insults at whoever cared to listen. Joanna on the other hand was flooded with guilt. Her mind too weak to think of anything that could calm Rayala down. She only wanted to see the person who had raised a false accusation against her, she was not planning to meet an hysterical Rayala, but she did, and her moment of victory was down the drain in mere seconds.

"This is all my fault, I should have never come down here." Joanna said to herself. She was on the verge of tears when the guards came running to her rescue.

" What are you doing here my lady? One of the guards asked.

"I.. I wanted to..." Joanna stattered.

" You should know that the prisoner is not in her right mind, even the physicians can't explain the sudden change of her mental health." The guard explained.

"Must be the handy work of dark magic." Another guard quavered.

"Magic?" Joanna questioned as her brain put two and two together.