Realization

The music was extremely loud and hundreds of conversations dominated the atmosphere. The stale smell hanging in the air could have made any sane person hold his breathe countless times but Leo was on top of the world, surrounded with all manner of women who did not find fault in exposing their bosom or their flawless thighs.

On top of him was a beautiful blond with brown hazel eyes and her lips were as red as cherries. She was familiar with the ways of men. She did not say much but her body movements said what words failed to articulate and though Leo was surrounded with other beautiful women, only the lady with red lips stood out.

Despite knowing the conniving nature of the women around him, Leo still wasted his time and money on women who did not love or care about him, they only wanted what his pockets could produce but Leo was not puzzled, he managed to convince himself that he was not being exploited, instead, he thought of it as a business transaction; he paid them for the services they offered and both parties walked home satisfied.

Without uttering a word, the blond was up on her feet, seductively swaying away. She was thick and full in all the right places. Like a man compelled with sirens, Leo willingly followed, resisting the hands that tried to pull him behind.

Before he knew it, Leo was locked up in one of the brothel rooms with the blond standing close to him. He could feel her warm breathe on his skin, closer and closer she moved until there was no space between them.

In a split of seconds, Leo had the blond pinned on the wall. He assessed her body, taking in every feature, her brown eyes were welcoming, far away from innocence. Leo could have loved to have her, but her brown eyes reminded him of someone he did not just want to make love to. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with Joanna and despite her words, Leo knew beyond doubt that he loved her, he loved her enough not to be with another woman even though he hadn't declared his feelings to her. He loved her enough to wait. Suddenly, Leo's world had become too small for him. He was stained with guilt and like a tormented sea, weakness washed over him. Without debating on whether he should stay or leave, he whooshed the door open and shuffled away leaving the blond angry and confused at the same time.

Titling his head skyward, Leo could see the million of stars dotted on the black canvas of night, brightly glowing in their indescribable splendor. The soft wind blowing his way and the cold moisture have never been so apparent to him, the cold did not make him shiver, instead, it revived his senses. He was wrong to assume he could go on living without Joanna, she was his as much as he was hers.  To have her was his prime objective and he would do anything to have her, including answering Joanna's question in condition she grants him his request.