Running away

"You have until nightfall to bring fourth the culprits or I'll have all your heads!" Leo firmly stated.
The servants and guards assembled in the royal courts started to whisper and murmur amongst themselves immediately the Prince left the courts. Worried expressions were drawn all over their faces, some female servants even begun to cry, audibly questioning who would dare to risk the lives of innocent people.

Rayala, on the other hand, was in a far worst state than the other servants. She had suddenly gone dumb and the only thing she could hear was her rapidly beating heart. It was bad that the Prince had humiliated her but it was catastrophic that he had suddenly ordered Joanna to be released. The thought of the Prince learning she was the mastermind behind the missing hourglass, scared her to death. She knew beyond doubt that her punishment would be far worse than being thrown in the dungeons.

Rayala couldn't help but tighten her fists. A sudden rush of anger swept over her, she thought she had finally gotten rid of the thorn in her flesh but that was far from the truth. At a blink of an eye, the tables had turned and all her plans flooded against her. She hated Joanna from the first day she entered the palace but now she despised her with all her might. It was now clear to Rayala that the prince did not see Joanna as a mere servant, the prince did love Joanna and Rayala knew that he wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone who had anything to do with Joanna's misfortune.

Coming back to her senses, Rayala's raced in to the servant's quarters before the other servants could catch up with her. She packed all her belongings, including the hourglass and shuffled away. She would be doomed if she spent another minute in the place that would soon become an unending nightmare.