Birthing hate and love

Joanna wanted Rayala to shut up. Rayala went on and on calling Joanna all sort of names because of the Prince. Joanna could not understand why someone would fall head over heels for someone who did not even know they existed. Joanna did not want to be with Darius and as much as she enjoyed his attention, she didn't want him to be anything but the Prince to her and everything the prince was doing for her was because he was sorry for almost getting her killed not because he had finally decided to defy the rules of the kingdom by falling in love with a servant.

Joanna was running out of patience and her temper was flaring. Rage boiled through her. She pursed her lips and raised her hand. She threw her hand forward as hard as she could, whipping it across Rayala's face. Vibrations of pain spread through her palm. Rayala staggered backwards, clutching her face, eyes watering. She run out of the room in tears. Joanna could have felt remorseful but she did not. Rayala was beginning to become a thorn in her life and it was high time she put her in her place.

Before Rayala stormed in the room, Joanna was trying to figure out the meaning of the dream she had. She couldn't remember everything but she recalled being happy with her mother. The dream resurrected emotions that were long dead and burried. Joanna missed the feeling of being loved and cared for and a part of her wished to return back to dream land.

She was lost in thoughts when Darius walked in the room.
"Is everything alright?" Darius asked.
Coming out of her thoughts, Joanna looked at him and nodded in agreement. She was suddenly angered by his presence and a huge part of her blamed him for the emotional pain she was going through.
" I want to resume my duties in the palace and go back to my room your highness." She politely stated.
This statement came as a surprise to Darius, he thought he was on the verge of winning her over but it was clear Joanna was not ready to let go of what he did to her. But he was not going to give up easily, he was prince Darius after all.
"Fine! For fourteen days you will spend time with me, dine with me and walk with me until it's clear you have fully recovered!" The Prince retorted.
"What! You cannot be serious your highness!" Joanna questioned.
"Unless you want to loose your job in the palace,you will do as I say,I will not have you dying in my palace."The prince said.
Joanna pursed her lips, she was angry but she knew better than to slap the prince, so she did what any other woman in her position would do, she angrily stormed out of the room.

The day had emotionally exhausted Joanna, little did she know it was the birthing of hate and love at the same time.