//'Visit'//

After me and Kim ate our food from Wendy's, I ordered Ruby's favourite and we drive quickly to the hospital. Once I arrived, I told the lady at the desk where I was going and I headed up. I opened up the door and everyone was there. Sam, Colby, Macayla, Reed, Demming, Max, Blaze and Casey.
"What are y'all doing here?" I asked and looked over to the bed, which was empty.
"Where's Ruby?" I asked, my heart suddenly dropping.
"She's okay. She was moved upstairs to help her out" Macayla told me.
"What room?" I asked.
"Room 4627 A" Casey replied. I handed Ruby's food to Kim and raced out of the room. I heard everyone running after me. I got to the room and opened the door. Ruby was stood up and being helped to walk with the help of a nurse. Ruby's head snapped up and she grinned widely when she saw me.
"Riley!!" She cheered and tried to walk to me, but the nurse stopped her.
"Ruby. You need to take it easy" the nurse warned her.
"If she wants to walk to me, she can walk to me" I snapped and crouched down. I held my arms out and smiled at her.
"C'mon. Walk for me and Maxy" I smiled. I heard everyone behind me.
"It's hurts" she whimpered and smiled. She took a step forward and moved a little. I grinned and she kept her pace. She got halfway across the room and she started to sprint to me. She reached me and I picked up, spinning her around.
"Hey Rubes" I smiled and buried my face in her hair.
"I miss mommy" she whimpered and lifted my face with her hands.
"I miss her too baby" I replied and my voice cracked with pain. I let a few tears escape and she wiped them away.
"Don't cry. I don't like it" she giggled and messed with my hair.
"I freaking love you Ruby May" I smiled and kissed her cheek. Ruby looked at Max and smiled. She hadn't seen him in a while.
"Maxy" she cooed and made grabby hands. He chuckled and walked over, taking her from my arms.
"I'm gonna take care of you both. I promise. You both will stay with Casey at his place until your 18" he told us and I nodded.
"Awe. Look at Max Adams. Being all sweet. Makes a change" a mans voice said. I snapped my head up at the same time Max did and I looked at a small bald man.
"I see the pathetic girl survived" he growled. My fists trembled and I stepped forward, but Sam caught my hand.
"Leave it. He's not worth it" he whispered in my ear, sending chills though my body. I nodded and took Ruby from Max's arms.
"And who's this? Your girlfriend?" The man asked Max.
"Terry. Get out. I'm not done with you yet" Max snarled and the man walked out.
"Is he the guy?" I asked Max. He looked at me and anger filled his blue eyes. I tried to get through the door and chase after him, but Casey and Blaze caught me.
"Don't do it" Kim told me.
"He killed both of my parents. My sister nearly. He hurt my brother. I'll fucking kill him myself. Let me go" I snarled at Blaze.
"He will kill you" Casey told me.
"I don't fucking care. I'd rather die than have him put the remains of my family through pain" I replied and shrugged out of their grip. I started to walk forward but Sam stood in front of me.
"Sam. Please move" I begged, pain in my voice and tears in my eyes.
"You can't do this. Don't do this because if you die. We will be hurting. Think of Ruby" he told me. I couldn't hold back the tears. I bit my lip as they fell and Sam pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried into his shoulder.
"Hey. It's okay. Your brother will sort him" sam assured and rocked us.
"Excuse me. Can you please move?" I heard a lady say.
"Just fuck off" I mumbled and Sam laughed. He moved us to the side and I lifted my head.
"Thanks. I really needed that" I smiled and he wiped away the tears. We smiled at each other and I heard Ruby singing.
"Wish we could turn back time!" She giggled
"To the good old days" I added with a chuckle.
"When our mamma sang, us to sleep when I was stressed out" she sang as she slipped to me and I picked her up.
"You know Twenty One Pilots?" Sam and Colby asked in unison. Me and Ruby nodded at the same time.
"Josh is my favourite" she giggled.
"Max. This is for Ruby's sake. Can you come with us to the cinema? I was gonna take her to the carnival this weekend but she can't go on rides" I asked him.
"I can't. Terrys death is this weekend" Max replied.
"Ry Ry. What does Maxy mean?" Ruby asked me, twirling my hair in her fingers.
"Ummm...it's a new game he's playing with a friend. Ignore him" I lied and she snuggled into my neck. I shot a playful glare at Max and everyone laughed.
"I'm tired" Ruby muttered.
"Me and your sister brought Wendy's!" Kim cheered. Ruby's head snapped up and clapped.
"Yes! WENDYS!!!" She cheered with her hands in the air. We all laughed and I carried Ruby onto her room, laying her on her bed and sitting laying next to her.
"Ruby. After you've eaten, I'm gonna head home, grab a few things of mine and yours, then come back and stay the night" I told her and she clapped her hands.
"You ain't allowed" Blaze pointed out.
"I don't give a fuck. She's too important" I smiled and kissed her cheek.
"I've never actually seen this side of you Riley" Macayla said.
"What side?" I asked.
"The sweet, caring side. You've been like this around us since.." she started to say and shock travelled across her eyes. She gasped and squealed in her seat.
"Macaycay has ants in her pants" Ruby giggled as she ate some fries.
"No Rubes. I will tell your sister and Kim later" she grinned and me and Kim looked at each other with confusion.
"Oh yeah. Me, Colby, Demming and Sam got you this Ruby" Reed smiled and picked up a huge white bear with a heart attached saying 'get well soon.'
"AWE! Thank you Reedy! Thank you Uncle Dem! Thank you Colby! Thank you Sammy!" She yelled and hugged the bear which was twice her size.
"Me and Macaycay got you this" Kim smiled and handed Ruby a box. She opened it and there was a necklace inside with a heart, a moon and a star. On each symbol, there was letters engraved in. An 'R' on the heart, a 'M' on the moon and an 'R' on the star.
"Riley, Maxy and Me" She slimed pointing them out.
"You all didn't have to get her/me anything" me and Ruby said at the same time.
"We all wanted to" they all said back.
"Turn around missy" I smiled. I took the necklace and she turned. I lifted her hair and attached the necklace around her neck.
"I love y'all" she yawned and her eyes closed and fell asleep.
"She's the cutest" Reed cooed.
"Like me!" I joked and kissed Ruby's cheek.
"Night princess, sleep tight. I'll be here when you wake up tomorrow" I whispered to her and climbed carefully off the bed.
"We're gonna head out now. You coming?" Colby asked me. I nodded and we left the room quietly.
On the way out, I asked the lady at the desk is it was okay to stay the night, and she said yes baddie of how young she was. We all then headed to our cars and I drove to mine, grabbed my stuff and a few of Ruby's, dropped Kim off and headed back to the hospital to stay the night.