(Old) Prologue

(Y/N)'s POV

It was an ordinary day, well, as ordinary as it would be as an ordinary civilian. I had just returned from a training exercise in the territory of Nunavut, and my, was I glad that I had returned home in one piece at the capital. I was currently heading to a restaurant to see my family after a long three months apart.

You see, I'm a sergeant in the Special Forces; JTF2. Our training was complete hell, and as a 'fun' expedition, we went to one of the coldest places in Canada, in winter. I'm surprised that none of the newer guys, including me never lost our minds. I suppose that it was a sort of endurance training, and cold resistance thing. I don't care about that now, I get to see my family.

The snow was still on the ground, but melting rapidly. Surprisingly there was still a lot of ice left, but fortunately, it wasn't slippery. I looked up, and smiled at the fact that I had arrived at my favourite restaurant. I quickly checked myself in the windows, my (e/c) eyes meeting me instantly. I got a little bit closer, and fixed my (h/c) hair, pushing it over to the side.

Satisfied, I walked into the restaurant, and began looking for my family. I had managed to get one of my friends to invite them over here, saying that the food's been payed for by a generous person. That person was me but they didn't know that.

They also didn't know that I was coming home. So it was a big surprise for them. I came straight from the airport, wearing standard military fatigues to not raise any questions about which unit I serve in. My seven year old brother looked at me, and his eyes grew wide.

I quickly put my finger to my mouth to make him quiet, and it resulted in him nodding his head. My mother and father were at the table, chatting casually with Nick. He looked at me, passing a secret code, and got up.

Nick: Ah, uh, I'm sorry, but I need to go to the washroom. I'll be excused.

Father: Alright, well, don't take to long, we had a nice conversation and I'd like to continue it.

Nick: Yes, sir.

Nick got up, and went to the washroom, to make his story convincing. Seeing that, I walked towards their table. My parents, were looking at the menu, so they didn't notice me sitting down. Some people stopped eating, and looked over. Some of them had turned away, while others kept on looking.

I cleared my throat, startling both of my parents. When they looked up, they both smiled widely, as did my brother.

(Y/N): Hello mom, dad. It's been a while, hasn't it? Did you all enjoy the peace and quiet back at home?

Mother: Oh! You have no idea, your brother here keeps on being a troublemaker.

(Y/N): That didn't answer my question, but alright, I'll take it.

Father: Before you ask, he didn't take any of your stuff.

(Y/N): Yeah, right, and I'm a millionaire. He probably took things, the small ones at least.

Mother: After all this time, you still don't trust your brother. Unbelievable.

(Y/N): I simply state what has been proven many times over. Anyway, enough squabbling, get whatever you want to eat, the tab's on me.

Father: You paid ahead for dinner?

(Y/N): Yeah, spent about $150.00 for us. So don't hesitate to get whatever you want.

Mother: You spent all that money?! Why?

(Y/N): Special occasion. Besides, it's not like I used it on other pointless luxuries.

My parents just nodded and placed their orders along with my brother.

---------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

It was a little while after my dinner with my family, and I was walking around casually. I was nearing the Parliament Building, when a black van with heavily tinted windows rolled past and parked just ahead of me. I brushed it off thinking that the person who was driving it just wanted privacy for his passengers, so I just kept on walking.

I decided, to go to the Parliament and just... gaze upon the architecture. I really liked how the building looked, and also I had a slight interest in architecture. I was minding my own business when I saw five armed men run into the building. Instinctively, I took cover behind whatever was closest.

I tightened my fists and growled low to myself.

(Y/N) *thoughts*:They dare attack the Parliament?! They won't get out alive if I have anything to do with it!

I targeted the fifth man and took him down with a good hit to the back of his neck. He crumpled down into a mess, and I picked him clean of any weapons; he had an AK-47 a common assault rifle, and an M1911 as his sidearm. I took them all, and once done, I called the police on my cell.

(Y/N): Hello? 911? Police?

Dispatcher: What is your emergency sir?

(Y/N): Uh, yeah, I saw five armed men enter the Parliament Building. I took one down, and looted him of any weapons. I'll go in and stop them.

Dispatcher: Sir! Wait! Who are you? And where are you at?

(Y/N): I'm at fucking Parliament Hill! I told you before, so listen clearly! I am (Y/N) (L/N) a sergeant of the Canadian Armed Forces. I just came home from a training exercise.

Dispatcher: Ok, Mr. (L/N), the police have been sent to your location.

(Y/N): Good! I'm heading inside to try and prevent any sort of damage or deaths.

I hung up the phone, and charged into the building. I was immediately greeted by the sounds of gunshots and the panicked screams of civilians. Using those sounds, I found the site of the confrontation. The guards were desperately defending the civvies, while the insurgents were focusing on just killing as many people, guards or not.

I aimed my newly acquired Kalashnikov at the enemy, and let loose.

They turned their attention to me and started firing. I gladly returned their gifts of hot metal, killing two of the now four terrorists. The guards took out the second to last, while the last one rushed to me. I tried shooting him, but my rifle jammed. Instead of wasting my time unjamming the gun, I pulled out the M1911.

But, by the time I took aim and fired a few shots, he pulled open his coat, revealing an explosives vest. I realized to late what he was planning on doing, and an explosion tore through the place, shrouding me in darkness...

Well, here we are! A new story! I hope that you liked the prologue and like always; I'll see you in the next one!

-BlackAngel44 🇨🇦