5: Memories (2)

Flashback- Jungkook's POV

[NEWS FLASH]

Mrs. Jeon, who owned one of the most famous companies, has died sadly to a car accident. It was said that she had cancer as well, and she fainted while driving.

Her son is alive, but couldn't move due to the impact of the bump that knocked him out. As Mrs. Jeon has been buried, we wait for Mr. Jeon's comments and thoughts.

As so, he has not been seen for the past [days, months, years] since we've last seen him. It has said that he hasn't been present at work. Has something happen to Mr. Jeon as well?

This has been KBC's news reporter, Park Mi Yong.

Ever since that poignant event with eomma, appa has been drinking. He drank until threw up. He did that over and over again for almost a year and a half. Those news about eomma makes feel him so much worse.

Why do words spread like a wildfire? Have we done something cruel to them, that they have to do this? And it all started with me. I'm so frustrated with myself.

When I try to talk to appa, all he does is tell me to leave him alone. I never got to spend anytime with him ever since then. I can't feel eomma's love, and now, not even appa's.

I want to tell him that eomma wouldn't want him to be doing this to himself, but all he'll do is yell at me saying, "What would you know?" After a few days, another incident happened.

Appa fell, breathing heavily. "Eottoke?" I panic. I look around for the home phone, and as I was about to grab the phone and call the hospital, appa grabbed my wrist.

"Son.. don't call.. the hospital." He mutters with the strength he had left. "I want to be with your eomma, where we both can watch you." No. Not you too appa. I can't. I can't live without you either. Jebal.. Don't leave too.

It's my fault that you're shedding tears when you should be happy, appa. "Waeyo? Do you want to leave me because I'm a terrible son?" I ask feeling anger rise up, but the tears rolling down my cheeks made me agitated.

"Ani, you are an amazing son." He whispers, closing his eyes "Your eomma and I knew that this day would come, and we want to leave the inheritance and companies to you. We know you'll choose well."

Me? Amazing? I don't think so. I also don't deserve such hard work that you've both have given me. You both worked so hard, and it'll just be given to me? A child? How am I supposed to make good decisions?

I can't even tell from what and how things are bad and what things are good. "Don't close your eyes! You'll be fine, just let me call the hospital." I stuttered as I called the hospital.

By the time they got here, it was too late. He too, was gone. I was the cause of the situation, and it made such an impact. I just deteriorate everything, and everything just grows gradually worse.

[NEWS FLASH]

The son of Mr. Jeon and Mrs. Jeon is now taking over the companies. Due to the unfortunate death of Mr. Jeon, he started to over-drink, grieving Mrs. Jeon's death.

Will their son be in success after those incidents occurred even if he's just a child? Or will he fail, and we'll never see the last of it?

It will leave us wondering for a long time, but we'll wait for a few years and see how he will process. We hope that no more bad incidents will occur later in the near future.

This has been KBC's news reporter, Park Mi Yong.