7: Decision (2)

Jungkook's POV

There, in that moment of silence, she pointed.

When Taehyung greeted Choi Yuna this morning, it made me feel suspicious. He never did that before; greeting anyone, especially a transfer, even my fellow classmates agree. He could've done it yesterday. But why today?

I must be crazy, right? Why am I like this? I don't have to be up here, I don't have to help her, yet I'm being overprotective and trying to keep him away from her. Is it just my pride?

I'll admit, I felt my heart beating fast when it came to the choosing. I wanted to close my eyes, as if something bad were to occur, but I didn't. I actually wanted to know who she chooses.

It's like figuring out the cliffhanger after little patience. As she pointed, she opened her eyes to see that she was pointing at me. I felt reassurance, but.. it was just weird.

The choosing was by chance, so why do I feel so relieved? We made eye contact, but then she gazed downwards.

I saw her exhale as if she was glad she picked me. If she was glad to pick me, why didn't she just pick me in the first place? Ahh, who would anyways?

"Jeon Jungkook!" Teacher writes under the board under Choi Yuna's name. "Cleaning duty next week." I saw Taehyung glaring at me as we sat back at our seats.

Our schedule in our school is pretty unique. We have these days called A days and B days. On A days we have math, science, and English. On B days we have math again, history, and health.

A days are on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. B days are on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I personally prefer B days better because there's less work than on A days. I also like how it functions at this school because it's not just all subjects in one day.

Since it's the morning, there's math class. Since today is Wednesday, it's an A day. We had to find out the x and y of the figures shown on the board. This might be a good reason to not like those letters anymore.

We could roam around the room because we were aloud to help each other's out. Most of them were just talking about what happened earlier with Choi Yuna and Taehyung.

"Transfer" Taehyung calls out lazily.

She looks over and he sits down besides her. "Help me" He pouts. SinB is snickering in the background and Choi Yuna has her eyes wide open by his sudden request.

"..Ahh uhm.. on which ones?" She asks.

"All of them. I didn't get what the teacher explained. Could you explain it for me?" He ask, just wanting to spend more time with her.

She hesitantly begins to explain it to him, and while she does, I just start to lose focus. I can't concentrate.

Taehyung turns to me and smirks, turning back to Choi Yuna. "Ahh, I see. What about this one?" He points to another question on the paper. It's so obvious that he knows all of those. Although he slacks off, he has good grades.

-

It's science, and we start to experiment with the chemical reactions. I wanted to see how many ways you can explode the chemicals, and which chemical was the most important.

There are so many different types of chemicals, I didn't know where to start from. This lasted until lunch.

[Sorry guys, I'm not too sure about what to say in science ><]

-

When lunch came, I went to sit with Jin and Jimin. They were making jokes as usual, but something was weird about Jimin. It seemed like he wanted to grimace, but he didn't.

The gut feeling that I'm having right now.. I think it's something about me. But what did I do? I don't recall doing anything bad, especially since I've never talked to Jimin, not even Jin.

I excused myself and went to get some food. That was when from the corner of my eye, I saw Jung Eunbi smiling at me. Don't fall for it. Her smile intensifies my pain. Under that smile.. it was something horrid.

I got my food and went back to the table Jin and Jimin were at. I sat down and started eating while listening to more of Jin's jokes. I was laughing at his jokes until Jung Eunbi suddenly came over and sat by me.

"Anneyeong~" She exclaims in a cheery tone as she waves to me, to Jimin and to Jin. Jimin was smiling a genuine smile, Jin was smirking and I was in utter silence. I didn't want to sit by her. I moved to an empty table, not knowing it was near where Choi Yuna was sitting at.

"Yah," I hear Jung Eunbi's voice. "Can't you hear me out?" She puts her tray on the table and sits in front of me. I don't answer and keep eating my food.

She sighs and continued, "I changed, I'm not like before." Lies, lies. Those empty lies.

I wanted to burst. Scream. Yell. But I managed to say calmly, "Leave. I don't want to talk to you." She reminded me of the past, and I wanted nothing to deal with it.

"Aniyo. I will stay right here." She persists.

"Then I'll leave." I get up and was about to dump my leftover food I had left since I lost my appetite, but I felt a tug on my arm.

"Let's start over, hmm?" She smiles, tilting her head.

-

Third person POV

The people around those two started to murmur saying, "Omo, are those two getting back together?" or "Are they really getting back after what happened?" Jung Eunbi wanted to make a show, so she started crying.

"Jungkook-ah, wae? Why do you not want to be back together? I said I was sorry! I changed!" Jung Eunbi exclaims. Jeon Jungkook tried to shake her hand off his arm, but she wouldn't let go.

The room was silent, and Jeon Jungkook quietly answered, "Because.. you were the mistake I chose. Now please, stop this." He pulled his arm back, and walked away. Jung Eunbi fell down dramatically while crying.

"If this is how it'll be, so be it Jeon Jungkook" Jung Eunbi mumbles. "I will make you feel miserable." While Jeon Jungkook leaves the room, rumors start spreading. And within the crowd, Choi Yuna was watching ever since he sat down in the table near her.

She was listening to the whole conversation. As she told SinB that she went to do something, she quietly went to dump her plates, following Jeon Jungkook.