13: Rainy days (2)

Jungkook's POV

As Choi Yuna and her eomma were being generous, I should've went home when I could've.

"Well, make yourself at home!" Choi Yuna's eomma exclaims.

It's not that I don't like them, it's because it'll be strange that I'm staying here.

Her eomma seems completely fine with me staying here even though she just met me..? At least she didn't kick me out, or else I'd be caught up in the storm.

"I.. uhm.." I try to put into words. "Where will I sleep?"

I might as well stay here since I have no other choice. I'm completely fine sleeping in the living room. I hope they don't overdo it since they've already done so much for me. I don't need to sleep in one of their beds since I'm just a guest.

"Go show him. I have to wash the dishes." Choi Yuna's eomma grabs the dishes and heads to the kitchen.

"Come on, let's go." Choi Yuna beckons as she starts walking upstairs. I followed her upstairs to see four different doors. She shows me to a vacant bedroom that only has a bed and a tall lamp.

"You'll be sleeping in here." She tells me as she shows me a tour around the second floor. "This is a vacant room, this is the bathroom, and this is my room." She points out.

"Ah, do you have any spare clothes? It'll feel uncomfortable sleeping in your uniform." She asks, tilting her head.

Well, I didn't think I would end up here, and I don't usually bring extra clothes with me since it won't fit in my backpack with the rest of my stuff in there.

"Ani, I don't have any spare clothes." I replied.

"I'll be back. Stay here." She points to the room that I guess I'll be sleeping in as she heads downstairs. I wanted to explore more out of curiosity, so I went to the empty room first.

I noticed as I walked in that there was this window that shows the whole backyard. Slowly walking over, I watched the droplets fall with their consistent movement and heard their consistent sounds trickling in my ear.

I turned away from the window and walked over to Choi Yuna's room without thinking. I entered seeing that there was this desk in the corner, and next to it was a bookcase filled of books, along with some pictures.

I found myself walking to the bookcase and perusing the pictures. There were pictures of Choi Yuna and her family celebrating her birthday on one, Choi Yuna was helping her eomma volunteer for a farm, and another was her cooking for her family.

'Family' I thought. Something I destroyed. No, precious people that I killed. I sure wish I could experience what a family is like. What is family? People that you just.. grow up with?

"What are you doing?" I jump back, quickly averting my gaze from the pictures. Was I spacing out for long?

"I was just.. looking around." I reply, gulping. My eyes land on a white shirt and a pair of pants that she was holding. She shrugs off my reasoning and hands me neat, folded clothes.

"Here, change into these for now." She responds as I took the clothes.

I went to change in the bathroom and came out seeing Choi Yuna in different clothing. She was wearing pajamas, and there's nothing wrong with that, I'm just used to seeing her wearing our uniform.

My uniform was being put into the washer as dinner came.

-

After dinner, Choi Yuna gave me a spare tooth brush to use and I went to brush my teeth. I went into the vacant room after I was done, and a few moments later Choi Yuna comes in.

"Well, wouldn't it be rude to not talk with a guest?" She smiles, sitting next to me. It was an awkward encounter until we started asking each other questions about random things. We shared our common interests and even put on some soft, calming music.

During our talk, I learned that she likes doing sports, she likes to cook, and she likes to be productive. On some days she procrastinates, on some days she likes to get things done to get it over with. As for her favorite groups to listen to, she speaks highly of BTS and Gfriend.

"Since you like to cook, you should cook for me one day." I snicker teasingly.

"Maybe one day." She remarks sarcastically.

For some reason, I had the sudden urge of wanting to tell Choi Yuna about Jung Eunbi. About what happened before so I could have someone that could understand me; I needed emotional support.

When I was opening my mouth to speak, I feel her head fall onto my shoulder. I was hesitating in my decision on telling her, but I mustered up the courage to tell her.

"Choi Yuna.. I.." I start to say. "I want to tell you about.." I took a glance down to see that she was sound asleep. I smile softly, caressing her hair.

"We must've talked long.. huh?" I whisper.

I got up, turned off the music that was playing on her phone, and picked her up bridal style. I went to her room, put her on her bed, and put the blanket on top of her.

As I was about to leave the room, a hand was holding my wrist.

"Don't leave.." She mumbles weakly since she was subconsciously awake. "Jebal."

I went and sat next to her bed on a chair and held her small hands in mine. "Okay, I won't."