8: Solace

Yuna's POV

"Yah," I hear a voice from behind me. "Can't you hear me out?" I hear the chair make a noise.

"I changed, I'm not like before." The voice says.

"Leave. I don't want to talk to you." I hear Jeon Jungkook from behind, which made me tense up.

His voice was calm, yet I can hint the small crack in his voice. A painful cry for help. "Aniyo. I will stay right here." The voice says.

"Then I'll leave." I hear the chair go back as Jeon Jungkook, I suppose, got up.

"Let's start over, hmm?" The voice says trying to sound innocent. I turned around to see a girl with long, black wavy hair holding onto his arm.

"Who is she?" I asked SinB, whispering.

"She's a girl named Jung Eunbi who dated Jeon Jungkook before. I don't know deep into detail, but they just broke up." SinB replies as she looks back at Jeon Jungkook and Jung Eunbi.

All of a sudden, she bursted into tears, crying hysterically, making a lot of students go wild. It was sickening. The next thing you know, there'll rumors that'll make the whole school out of control.

"Jungkook-ah, wae? Why do you not want to be back together?" Jung Eunbi asks. The whole cafeteria became silent immediately. "Because.. you were the mistake I chose. Now please, stop this." Jeon Jungkook says in a broken, soft voice.

He tugs his arm away, and walked out. Jung Eunbi fell to the ground in tears, and mumbled something I couldn't hear exactly. "-how it'll be- Jeon Jungkook"

I told SinB that I had to go do something, and I went to dump my plate and followed Jeon Jungkook. I eventually caught up to him.

"Hey.. gwenchana?" I ask as I touch his shoulder.

He had an immediate reaction and he moved his shoulder away.

"Gwenchana? I am not okay. Are you just like the rest, and trying to get information about what happened?" He had a mix of agitation and irritation in his expression.

"Ani-" He cuts me off, raising his voice. "You think this is some joke? That I am some sort of person to be made fun of?" I saw his eyes were watering.

"I never said-" He cuts me off once more.

"It's all lies, empty lies. Even if you don't say it, doesn't mean you don't think it." He tells me in the same broken voice as earlier.

"LISTEN TO ME." I raise my voice. I caught his attention.

"I want to know how you're feeling right now. I want to help you. I want to give you consolation." I state my initial reasoning.

"Waeyo? Why would you want to help me? To betray me.. like her?"

"I just want to help you!" I cried out with more aggression.

"Forget it, just leave me alone." He starts walking away.

"Jebal! I want to help you!" I yell as I touch his shoulder again.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" He yells, facing me with a furious demeanor.

Suddenly, I felt a pain in my heart. I was frozen by his yell because I've never seen him like this. He saw my reaction of being hurt by his yell, and his eyes widen.

"M-Mianhae. I didn't realize that I-" He reaches out to me, stepping forward, as I stepped backwards.

"Ani, I should've not have pushed through your boundaries. It's my fault. I'll leave you alone." I start walking away.