17: Stress (2)

Jungkook's POV

I didn't get that well of a sleep. I had a dreadful nightmare that kept me awake.

I couldn't sleep after that.

I dreamt about the exact same literal experience on how eomma died. It felt so.. vivid. But instead of just passing out and just hearing the sirens, I see everything that happens.

The firemen take off the glass meticulously off of eomma, as the nurses take her into the truck. I too, was taken into the truck.

The policemen were inspecting the incident as reporters went swarming the incident.

"What happened?" They would ask. "We heard that the incident involved Mrs. Jeon and her child. Is this true?"

The policemen disregard the reporters, but they would fill up with more striking and personal questions to ask them.

The scene changes and eomma and I were taken to the hospital.

Eomma was put into the ER and the doctors and nurses were trying to bring her back to life by giving her air and shocking her, but the results weren't anticipated. The heartbeat rate reached to a straight line, and it started beeping.

Appa came in running and rushing up the stairs to eomma's room and the first thing he saw was her laying on the bed with the doctors and nurses around, heads low. He fell onto his knees, clutching his clothes as he shedded tears.

I woke up later to hearing the news of her dying. But I was paralyzed, unable to hug appa. I couldn't even see her face until the funeral came. I couldn't hold her hand, or shed my own tears.

Every time I tried to sleep, that dream came back to haunt me.

-

I went up to the rooftop with Choi Yuna to apologize to her. I felt that if she was in the cafeteria while I was talking to her, people would intrude in our conversation.

"Am I the center of the problem?" She asks with hope nowhere to be seen in her eyes.

I looked at her with a cold demeanor. "Aniyo."

She really isn't. It's just that Jung Eunbi and Kim Taehyung are planning to do something, but I don't know what.

Jung Eunbi is my problem, and she's willing to bring other people into it to make the situation deteriorate. I don't know what she wants or what her intentions are, but she needs to stop.

I'm planning on talking to her about this. To perhaps make a compromise of some sort.

I suddenly started to feel dizzy. My eyes were fluttering open and then shutting with my feet incapable of standing up right. Choi Yuna sat on the ground, and quickly I dropped down next to her, laying on her shoulder.

I was losing consciousness.

"Jungkook, gwenchana?" She asks me while I'm almost on the verge of passing out. She kept shaking me, which made me feel even more dizzy. So I grab her wrist in response.

"Let's just stay like this." I managed to say before I passed out.

After lunch was over, I woke up to Choi Yuna playing with my hair. I just somehow immediately wake up to that every time. Frankly, I know I apologized to her already but, I feel like it wasn't authentic. I was feeling sleepy, and I wasn't feeling well.

So before she went into the classroom, I grabbed her wrist. I can feel myself being more awake this time and compared to during lunch.

"Do you really forgive me?" I asked with unknown confidence.

"I.. of course. It has only been a week or so." She replied.

I felt a sense of relief when she said that. Jung Eunbi couldn't deal with my sensitivity. Huh, why am I even comparing them? Choi Yuna is nowhere near close to Jung Eunbi.

"Gomawo." I took her hand and gave it a small squeeze. I release her hand, and I head inside the classroom as Yuna goes in after me.

The class grabs their bags and moves to the P.E court for our next class.

It's weird that what we're doing today for P.E is swimming. It's not that hot, and there's plenty of other sports we could be doing. But at least it'll be relaxing and we won't be out in the sun.

In my gut feeling, I feel like something bad will happen again.. What if I'm just being crazy?

They provided us with swimming clothes, and we had to combine classes again. We had to combine with the same class that Jung Eunbi is in again, causing me to exhale a deep sigh.

We went out and waited for our P.E teacher and the girls from the other side.

To explain, the pool we have is an indoor pool. There's the guys' bathroom on one side and the girls' bathroom on the other.

The smell of chlorine rises to my nose as I was examining around the pool.

When everyone finally all came out, the teacher wanted us to do some exercises in the deep end.

I was watching Choi Yuna almost the whole time to make sure Taehyung didn't talk to her. It's jealousy I would think. Snap out of it.

After we did the exercises, we had free time in the pool. Everyone were either chatting, swimming, or jumping in.

I was keeping my eyes out for Choi Yuna until Jin and Jimin came up to me and started talking to me. While they were talking to me, I completely forget about Choi Yuna because of the laughs they gave me.

Suddenly, I hear a scream. I turn my head. Splash. Who was that?! I look around to see if Choi Yuna was anywhere, but she wasn't anywhere. I began to swim into the deep water.

My eyes were blurry as I looked through the water. But I was able to make up a figure slowly trying to swim up. The figure's breath rises up to become bubbles. But the figure stopped moving, and slowly went deeper into the water.

I swim towards the figure impulsively, and bring the person up for air. I hold the person, wiping my face while putting the person on solid ground. I then saw that the person who I saved wasn't Choi Yuna.

It was Jung Eunbi.