14: Busy week

Yuna's POV

When I woke up that morning, I saw Jeon Jungkook sleeping on the chair beside my bed. Why didn't he sleep on the bed in the other room? My mind was slowly processing what happened yesterday since it was too early. It's the weekend.

I only remembered that I fell asleep on his shoulder. But then he was trying to tell me something.. what could it be that he was trying to say? Did he finish his sentence? As those thoughts filled my mind, I got off the bed carefully so that he wouldn't wake up.

I took a peek out the window to see that it was sprinkling, completely contrasting to yesterday's pouring rain. It surely is better than it was yesterday. Maybe I should wake him up so that he could head home just in case it starts pouring again.

But then sleep is so nourishing, who would want to be woken up? I certainly don't like waking up unless I wake up at my own pace. Should I wait? But if he doesn't leave on time then he'll have to stay here again.

I'll just wake him up. I went up to him and tried to shake him awake.

"Jungkook? Wake up hmm?" He doesn't wake up. How do I wake him up? What is another alternative I can use? Am I just not loud enough?

"If you don't wake up.. you'll have to stay here again if the storm comes again later." Still nothing. Not a single movement. Is he dead? I check his wrist out of worry.

He's still alive, but he just won't wake up. Geez, he's such a heavy sleeper. I just decided to caress his hair until he woke up to see if that would rouse him. He miraculously woke up a few minutes afterwards. I guess the way to wake him up is to caress his hair. Interesting. Or it could just be a coincidence.

"Good morning. Took you a while." I quietly kept playing with his hair as he rubs his tired eyes. I remembered that he told me that playing with his hair is comforting, but I never knew it'd be that comforting to the extent of waking up.

But if it's comforting, why would he wake up to it?

"Hmm? You're the one who wanted me to stay with you at night. So I did." He claims in a husky, morning voice.

"Bwo? Jinja? I don't think I did. Did I really?" I pull back with my mouth open in surprise.

"'Don't leave. Jebal' is what you said." All of a sudden, my mind becomes clear as day. I remember exactly what happened and that I said the exact same words that Jungkook told me a few seconds ago. I held onto his wrist while saying those words.

I start to feel embarrassed, rubbing the side of my neck.

"Well.. you didn't have to! You should've slept in the other room. It's more comfortable than a chair!" I start scolding him.

"Aish, okay okay. I'll take note of that for next time." He pouts, his morning hair that I played with somehow became clean and fixed.

He went out of bed, blinking slowly while looking around his surroundings. He began to get his stuff, and was ready to leave, but eomma insisted for him to eat breakfast here. He declined, saying that he should hurry home just in case the weather acted out again.

So eomma put the breakfast she made into a plastic wrap inside a container and gave it to him.

We gave him back his uniform, he put his shoes on, and he pulls up his umbrella. There was something in me that didn't want him to leave, but I figured that I'll just see him a few days from now.

I waved at him, he waves back, and before he left, he gave one last glance.

-

School was starting again. Compared to the state I was in before with my head, I feel completely better. Aside from the throbbing that comes every now and then.