9: Solace (2)

Jungkook's POV

I yelled at her. Choi Yuna. Someone who wasn't involved in the first place. Someone who never knew about what happened. She stood there frozen, but not out of fear. It was out of being hurt.

She was trying to help me, and I pushed her away. It was only her second day, and I'm already making it terrible. All of my guilt rises to my mind. "M-Mianhae. I didn't realize that I-" She instinctively cuts me off.

"Ani, I should've not have pushed through your boundaries. It's my fault. I'll leave you alone." She whimpers with a sad tone.

"Ani.." I whisper. Her back was turned, just like how she left. "I didn't mean to. I'm sorry."

She was already out of my sight, and I was just starting to blame myself. Everyone left because of me. I started something because I wasn't in the right mindset, and the outcome was me bursting out towards Choi Yuna.

Why her, out of all people? Why couldn't I maintain my composure? Is it a mere coincidence that she was just there at my worse moment? Yeah, that's probably it.

But I felt sincerely awful, a strong feeling hit me that I never had before. It was even a different feeling from when my parents died. I realized that we had class soon, so I went and walked back to the classroom.

Good thing that I made it to class on time. I was last in the crowd. I took a peek at Choi Yuna from outside, and quickly looked away. She was probably agitated about what I did earlier.

I went and sat in my seat and I looked at her from behind. The words, "I'm sorry" refrain from coming out of my mouth, yet it remained on my lips. I'm just afraid that I'll make things worse.

-

After English, we started packing up. I wanted to apologize to Choi Yuna. As she was waiting for Hwang Eunbi, I was walking up to her, until Taehyung put his arm around her shoulder.

That blew my very chance. "Can I borrow her for today?" He asked Hwang Eunbi who looked at Choi Yuna with a smirk. What is he planning now?

"Yeah, you can borrow her for today, I'll see you later Yuna!" Hwang Eunbi waved at her and left.

"So, where do you want to go?" He asks Choi Yuna with a bored expression.

"Excuse me?" She questions.

"Have you not been around the city?" He asks, changing his whole demeanor, acting shocked. She nodded no in response when he suddenly grabbed her hand.

"Let's go." He gives a faint smile and drags her out.

How could she just let him drag her wherever? The image of Taehyung holding Choi Yuna's kept going throughout my mind as the class started murmuring about them.

"What's with Kim Taehyung?" I hear from a classmate from a side. Those are my thoughts exactly.

"Do you think that they'll start dating?" Another student asks.

No. That's the first word that popped into my head. Aish, what's with me? It's none of my business, and she's still probably upset, so why would she accept my apology?

I went out of the classroom and walked to the bus stop. The whole time, even when I got into the bus, those thoughts kept torturing me.

- The next day -

I woke up to a painful headache that felt like a rope tied around my head. Mostly behind my head. I still managed to get ready for school. I woke up later than usual, around the time where I'm already at school.