27: Who knew?

Jungkook's POV

Flashback

"Jungkook-ah, can you buy me this?" Jung Eunbi asks again. There goes my feeling of doubt again.

"Sure, anything for you." Every time we go somewhere, she would ask me if I could buy jewelry or clothes for her; anything that caught her eye really.

That has been happening since the second week we've dated, and it has been approximately four months. But isn't this what a man is suppose to do? Buy her things and make her happy?

When we came out of the store, I finally got the courage to ask her my doubt. "Do you love me?" she turns to me.

"What made you ask that? Of course I love you." She kisses me, and I uncomfortably push her away.

"I.. I'll see you tomorrow." I walk to the bus stop. You know, she was the one who asked me out first. She kept asking me until I finally gave in. She never gave me any gifts, but she gave me kisses to show her "love" for me.

I felt.. agitated. I'm not sure how to date since I've never dated before, but I know for sure that you shouldn't bother dating or being friends with that person if they don't give as much effort as you do.

-

It was until the next day, I see her kissing another guy. As much as it hurts me for her not giving me as much as I do to her, this hurts me even more. "Jungkook-ah! I.."

Ever since that day, she has been apologizing to me. "Jungkook-ah, it was a mistake!" "Jungkook-ah, please forgive me!" "I still love you!" She would say things like that until I finally spoke up.

"I want to break up with you." I don't like hurting people's feelings in general, so it makes me feel guilty.

"I told you it was a mistake!" she exclaims, taking my hand.

"The only mistake was for me to date you. If you truly loved me, you wouldn't of cheated on me." I took my hand out of hers and walked away.

-

For days I have been in grief. How did I fall for her in the first place? Should I just apologize to her and just be friends? But then, why should I apologize if I didn't do anything wrong?

I finally came to a conclusion to apologize to her so we can be on good terms. As I was going to apologize to her, I see her holding the clothes and jewelry I've bought her.

"I... uhm.. about the other day, I'm sor-" *rip* she tears one of the dresses I bought for her. "What are you doing?" she steps on that dress and tears another dress. "You know.. I never loved you."

"Bwo?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"You're so gullible Jungkook. Me loving you? This innocent act played out so well on you. You see, I wanted to keep these for myself, but I decided to destroy them all. You'll still have plenty of money anyways."

She rips and breaks the rest of the clothes and jewelry. "And about your silly stories about your parents dying, they did die because of you. Who knew that you were the one who caused your own parents' deaths."

"It was fun playing with you~" she begins to walk away.

"What do you mean.. by playing?" I called her from behind.

She turns around and says, "I simply knew you were rich, I just wanted to use that opportunity and take my chances."

"You were so tedious with your stories about your parents. I could care less. Go drown in your own misery." There I was, standing there with ruined gifts on the floor.

I knew that from that moment on, I couldn't date anyone, I couldn't like anyone, or I couldn't trust anyone. I didn't want to be hurt again, so I closed out on everyone. Who knew the world could be so cruel?

I say to myself over and over, don't get close to people or you'll be hurt. My days were dismal. There were so many times where I just end up staring in the oblivion.

This void in my heart won't ever be filled. I assumed that. I also assumed that since Jung Eunbi ended us officially on bad terms, everyone else will as well.

Thinking back, I found it funny.. because I actually fell for someone again.