25: Resolution

Yuna's POV

I touched my lips, reminiscing the kiss I had with Taehyung. It made my stomach turn in a bad way, and what he did was really uncalled for. He was holding my waist and wasn't willing to let go of me.

Eventually he did let go of me, but I was so sick of it. I felt my fists tighten, having the urge to slap him, but instead, I walked away. I didn't care if I had to stay with him or not, I couldn't stand it.

But going back on that memory of walking away from Taehyung makes me jump to conclusions. What if he gets angry and takes it out on Jungkook? I took a deep exhale as my regrets float around my head.

I should've listened to you Jungkook. Mianhae.

-

As I was walking to class, Taehyung catches up to me out of someplace that I don't know of since I felt like ignoring him. Or I felt like ignoring everyone today. "Are you mad about yesterday?" he asks as he fidgets his fingers.

I don't answer, causing him to worry. Or no, I'm not sure if he's even worried at all. "Did you not like me doing that?" he asks in a more annoyed tone. Again, I don't answer. It should be obvious that both of those questions are yes for me.

"Ya" he pulls my shoulder so I can face him. "Stop ignoring me." I glare at him, and start walking away. I was internally screaming, exploding inside with irritation. Taehyung follows after as I increase in speed.

Someone pulls my arm and I fall onto that person. My immediate reaction would've been to quickly apologize and speed walk to the classroom, but this person was forcing my head to lay on the person while holding my waist.

I was thinking, why should I apologize to this person if he/she pulled me towards them in the first place? Taehyung could come any second, and here I am just in the arms of someone.

If I struggled to move, I would probably be in a worse mood, so I didn't bother. I tried to move a little anyways so I can deduce, and I felt that this person had a strong grasp on me.

I took in deep inhale, and then slowly realizing that I know this scent from somewhere. It's a familiar scent that I yearned for. I bury my face into the uniform, coming to a conclusion that it was.. Jungkook.

As much as I felt the urge to hug him, I freaked out. "What do you think you're doing?" Taehyung asks in aggravated tone. "I'm taking back what's mine." Jungkook says while he caresses my hair.

My eyes widen at what he said, but then I felt a sense of comfort of his voice in which I haven't heard of in what seemed like eternity. Taehyung scoffs at Jungkook's remark. "Come on, let's go Yuna." Taehyung says, taking my hand, but Jungkook shifts away.

"I'm not letting go of her." Jungkook says tightening the hug. "What do you want then?" Taehyung was getting impatient, probably ready to threaten me more about Jungkook, but I didn't want that.

Taehyung actually intimidates me. I don't want him to do anything to Jungkook. Thinking of that made me pull my arms around Jungkook to hug him. I missed him. I missed him, but I was scared that he'll be hurt.

He'll be hurt because of Taehyung. It'd be my fault, and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. "I want Yuna." Jungkook says. There was a few moments of silence. Then I hear Taehyung walk away with his footsteps going further and further away.

Jungkook pulls away from the hug and he's puts his hands on my shoulders. We were now facing each other with our eyes locked. "Gwenchana? Did he hurt you?" he asks as I looked away, avoiding eye contact.

I'll admit I was wrong about Taehyung, but Jungkook hurt me as well. He did say I was just an experiment, so why would he come back? Why is he all of a sudden coming back to do.. this?

"I'm.. fine." I say. "Clearly you're not." Jungkook replies. Who am I kidding, he has known me for what, three months? There's no use in lying to him or trying to avoid him.

"Okay, I'm not fine. I was wrong about Taehyung and I ended up staying with him because I was afraid he could hurt you. I was really hurt when you told me I was just an experiment. I was confused of why you were with Jung Eunbi when you would avoid the topic when its on her." I say, hitting his chest.

"So why, why would you come back for me when I hurt you and I was wrong? Or were you wrong? I'm not sure because I always blamed myself. You deserve better, so why come back?!" I was going to hit his chest again, when he grabbed my wrist.

"I came back because I...!" he looks at the floor grasping my wrists tightly. "I wanted to protect you." Protect me.. from Taehyung? He could've protected me from the very beginning then, so why didn't he just do that?

But then again, I was the one who doubted him and he fled. My throat felt dry as my head became heavy with thoughts. I'm so lost. I just want space, but Taehyung could just snatch me and drag me away from Jungkook.

"Let's.. just talk about this at lunch, we need to get to class." My hands takes his hands off of my shoulder as my feet lead away. I wasn't able to talk to SinB for a long time because of this situation.

I said to Jungkook most of my worries and angers of the problem already, but with problems like these, I don't think I'll be able to escape the trap for a while.

-

I guess I figured out a way to cope with my stress? Work. School work. In a way, it surprises me because I would think that it would stress me more, but in simply takes my mind off of the situation.

I feel calmer than this morning, which I hope doesn't change. I know it's time to talk about the situation with Jungkook. I sat with my food in front of me. "Let's get down to business, shall we?" Jungkook says, coming out of nowhere.

I jumped back and looked up to see Jungkook. "Mianhae. All of this was caused by me. I should've done better, understood you, protect you, and stay by your side. But instead, I ran away like a coward. What kind of friend am I?"

"An amazing one. You're an amazing friend. All I can ask for." I bit my lip in disappointment to myself. "It was all due to my negligence. I couldn't even protect you myself. I wanted to protect you from Taehyung because he was willing to fight you. I thought Taehyung was someone that could make my heart moved, but it moved in a way I-"

"That goes the same for me. I tried to protect you by being with Jung Eunbi because she said that Taehyung would hurt you. Everything goes for me except for Jung Eunbi moving my heart."