25

I took a step into the ballroom, looking at all the demons that danced around in the middle, music, chatter, and many smiles surrounded me in seconds of walking in. I looked around the room for Dark, to see him standing by a table, with a drink in his hands and his eyes on me. I locked eyes with his, to see that his face was completely red. And it wasn't paint.

"Hey, I'm gonna over there. Be strong, okay? Just be yourself when you ask Glitch to dance." I said, rubbing her shoulder to give comfort. She nodded nervously before walking the other way in search of glitch. I made my way past demons, each second picking up my pace. I felt anxiety creeping up on me. Surrounded by so many demons. Glaring down at me with their evil eyes. All judging.

I'm sorry that I'm the only human. I'm sorry that I'm the one who's supposed to save you all. I didn't ask for this. You guys may all die. Because of me. Because of my evil side that I didn't mean to create.

Flashbacks of my dream corrupted my thoughts. I glanced a demon with Blue skin, triangle eyes and bleach white hair. I remember him from my dream. The head that rolled onto my foot. I've never seen this demon, but yet I see him in the dreams. The dream was real. The dream was something. I don't know. I can't... No... St-

I slammed into Dark. Who wrapped his arms around me and helped me back on my feet.

"Woah, there." He chuckled. He softly cupped my face and pulled my chin up so I looked him in the eyes. His eyes were sensitive and caring. They made me melt in my spot and caused all my worries to dissipate "You okay?" He asked. I moved myself from his hand and shook my head.

"No, no. I'm fine." I chuckled. "Just nervous." I lied while rubbing my arm and taking my eyes from him. He stuck his hand out with a smile.

"Well then, I can take away the nervs. Dance with me." He grinned. I looked back up at him, smiling without even realizing it. I took his hand and he pulled me to the dance floor. As we walked, all demon's eyes felt like they were on me again. But the feeling of Dark's warm hand pressed against mine made all the eyes stop and mind their own business. He stopped and pulled me to him, a smile plastered on his face as he looked down at me. At this, I finally glanced at the rest of him. His hair was a bit gelled to the side, but yet still floofed. He smelled strong of cologne, as if the more he added, the better the night will go. He wore a black suit with red details. I felt myself blush, taking in his details. He gently placed his hands on my waist and pulled me slightly closer, in response I wrapped my arms around his neck. We softly twirled with the music, blending in with all the other dancing couples swaying around us. When the song was over, the next song came on, much more upbeat. Dark spun me, then let go, causing me to fall into another demon's arms. Light. I giggled softly as he spun me and then let go, causing me to twirl to the next demon who was Glitch. She smiled and this time, I twirled her to the right, and Will slid into my arms.

"Hey pretty bully." He said while dripping himself against me. I realized he had a rose in his mouth, causing me to roll my eyes and giggle. He wrapped his arms around me then twirled again, causing me to spin into a man with bright blue hair, a handlebar like mustache and a chained glass on his eye, dressed like the old times.

"Hey flower, name's JJ." He smirked before twirling me to another unknown man, he was dressed in all red with a blue mask over his eyes and green floof that grazed over his eyes. The unknown man twirled me into a man with a white cat like mask over the top half of his face. What's with the mask? I giggled softly as he spinned me away, at this point i was so dizzy I wanted to throw up, but the joy taking over my emotions stopped it from happening. to Anti. Anti clumsily grabbed me and winked before twirling me into Dark's arms, which then, the song ended. The song changed to an extremely calm and sweet song. We both softly swayed to the music, his eyes sometimes trailing down my body, causing my face to heat up more. Dark pulled me closer, this time his eyes flickering down to my lips before coming back up to my eyes. I slightly nodded in response to his nonverbal question. He leaned down and slightly parted his lips, in response I leaned up and kissed him. The kiss was soft and romantic, making me just want to kiss him longer until I could no longer breathe. I felt myself tense. No one was saying anything. Has anyone saw?

"WoOOOooO!" I heard Glitch yell from across the ballroom.

"YEAH DARK! GET IT!" Will yelled. I felt my face flush as pulled away and laughed. Dark pulled me closer to him, causing our chest to be close to touching. I giggled and looked up at him before using my thumb to wipe away some smeared lipstick off his lips. Light quickly pulled me from Dark and twirled me.

"Hello your highness!" He teased and dipped me. He pulled me back up and I giggled, slightly fixing my hair.

"I knew there was something more between the two of you." Burnt chuckled.

"I knew for a while, actually." Google said before grabbing my sleeve and lifting it to show the hickey on my arm.

"Dark has it on his arm too doesn't he?" Anti giggled. Google looked at Dark's arm.

"Yep." He chuckled. "Scanned it." he said proudly.

"I feel violated." Dark mumbled. We all laughed at the comment. Dark wrapped an arm around me before giving me a small peck on the lips. The surrounding demons started cheering and whooping, some shouting 'New queen!' and things of the sorts. I heard a few negative comments about me being human. But standing here with my beloved Dark, drowned out all their comments. I looked up at him with a smitten grin.

"Okay, Ya'll are gonna make me puke now. Stahp!" Light teased. We all laughed, then spent the rest of the night that way. In laughter and smiles. I never thought this would ever happen during my boring college life. But yet, here I am. Now labeled as the second hand queen of all demons. Friends with so many new people. Standing next to the one man, that I still wonder why I love.

(My first planned ending, thought it would complicate things so I just let it go)

He leaned down and slightly parted his lips, in response I leaned up and kissed him. The kiss was soft and romantic, making me just want to kiss him longer until I could no longer breathe.

"The human?" I heard a deep voice gasp near me.

"That's not possible." I heard another say.

"That's disgusting. A human as our second hand queen? What the fuck is the bastard thinking?" I felt myself want to shrink with that comment.

"This isn't right! She's the enemy! She's related to poison!" Another yelled. I pulled away abruptly, feeling my face flush a thousand degrees. Dark's face grew cold as he looked at the hateful crowd around us. Linx ran in and saved the moment.

"As king! I approve the human to be the second hand queen for Dark can love whom ever he wants! As members of this mansion! You must learn to approve as well!" Linx shouted, I could see the anger rise in him even though he was forcing himself to be calm. "Continue with the ball before I decide to never have one again!" Linx ordered. After that threat, everyone went back to dancing. The music kicked back up, that I didn't even realize had stopped. Dark pulled me closer, keeping an eye on every demon.

"D-Dark. I don't wanna be here." I mumbled. He looked down at me, worry filling his eyes. "They don't want me here." I hugged myself, keeping my eyes at the ground. Dark gently grabbed my shoulders and led me out of the ball room.

"It's okay... I'm here, don't worry."