27

I fluttered my eyes open, giving a soft yawn as my eyes adjusted the bright flame in the fire pit. My body was rising up and down slowly from laying on Dark's stomach, the spine of the book in one of his hands that he was reading digged into my back, his other hand gently ran his fingers through my hair. I leaned up, placing my chin on his chest while I rubbed my eye with my hand in a fist.

"Darkey?" I asked. My voice slightly groggy, but seeing him somehow made my voice a bit higher and sweet.

"(Y/N)...ey?" Dark chuckled. I laughed slightly before sitting up into a staddle and stretching my back. I gently took the book from his hands and looked into it.

"So what chapter did you make it to? I kinda fall asleep around the 8th chapter." I chuckled.

"I think 12, but some later night I can go back and read the other chapter for yah." He smiled, bending the corner of the paper and placing it on the side table next to the couch.

"Of course. Just refuse to cuddle me again and I'll be here a- ... You let me go!" I yelled, slapping his chest before crossing my arms and looking away. He chuckled before sitting up and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I was too lazy to get up." He explained.

"Yeah, well, you still just let me leave the room. Lay on the couch. Alone. No one to cuddle with." I said, making a teasing pouty face. "Who knows. I could've left and cuddled with Will or Light. At least they're not grumpy kings who won't tell me what's wrong." I teased. He sighed with a smile hidden behind.

"How many times must I say I'm sorry~" He whined, laying his head on my shoulder.

"You can saw your sorry by taking us all out somewhere." I smiled.

"Take out?" He asked.

"We should all go swimming!" I yelled excitedly.

"I was planning on taking you to see Aliky but that works too." He chuckled. I felt a smile spread across my face.

"Yes! We should all go and see Aliky! I want her to meet Glitch, Burnt, Will, ligh-"

"Hold on, queen. Us demons are trying to be secret. How do you know Aliky won't turn us in?" He asked.

"I trust her. And so should you." I giggled, booping him on the nose.

"I don't know. Your trust doesn't seem to be the best." He mumbled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Nothing- nothing." He said, looking away. I crossed my arms. "love you."

"C'mon, this way. We don't wanna bother the second hand." I heard a familiar voice whisper. I looked over to see light, holding the hand of a really pale, short like girl with long blond hair, bright blue eyes, wearing a black tank top under a black and white flannel with black high waisted jean shorts. What caught my eye was the two blue horns that stuck from each side of her head and a goldfish tattoo that spread up her arm. I realized that the position me and Dark was in probably wasn't the best for other demons to see. I quickly crawled off and straightened his flannel.

"Sorry, Light." I apologized. He shook his head.

"No, it's fine. You're the queen." He chuckled.

"So~ Who's the girl~" I asked. He blushed and motioned to the demon girl beside him.

"This is Justeece." He said with a smitten smile. "We got together at the ball yesterday." He said while rubbing the back of his hand. Justeece smiled greatly, and shook my hand.

"It's such a great honor to shake the hand of the second hand queen!" She squealed with excitement, putting a bit too much grip into the shake. Honor? I smiled back and nodded.

"Hey, Light! Justeece! C'mere!" A man hollered from across the library. He had green hair that flopped in his face that was barely moved out of his eyes even with his hat. "Help me with this trick shot!" He yelled.

"Coming chase!" Light yelled before running over to him, followed by Justeece.

"Anywayssssssss.Yeah, I wanna see Aliky. Is it okay if I explain some things to her?" I asked. Dark thought for a moment, staring at his feet with his body leaned against the palms of his hands.

"I guess it's okay. Don't spill too much though. Like my real name or anything- that you somehow found out." He said, mumbling that last part.

"Oh, you know you love me, Damien." I smirked. Dark's face went a deep red with the sound of my voice saying his real name.

"Oh do I?" He teased.

"Well why do you?" I asked, continuing with his teasing game.

"Because you're you. Why do you love me?" He asked, teasingly raising an eyebrow. I let out a halfhearted sigh.

"I've been asking myself that question for days."