38

This chapter contains slight suicidal themes

I remember when Dark told me where his office was in case there was an emergency. He said that if there isn't an emergency, he would kick my ass for disturbing his work. Even so, I'm sure he won't mind if I'm bringing him tea. The door opened silently, revealing a desk with one roller chair, that of course dark was sitting in. Without turning around he said,

"Sweetheart, what are you doing here?" He asked. My lips creased into a smirk as I walked in, closing the door behind me. I popped my hip out and slowly took a sip of his drink.

"What? Can I not bring my dear some tea?" I joked. He spun around in his chair, his hands gripping the top of the seat his back was leaned against.

"Fine, give me the tea and leave." He sighed.

"Awe, why can't I stay~?" I asked, walking to him and purposely swaying my hips as I walked. He glanced down at my hips, then to the tea, and back up to my eyes, his own eyes narrowing.

"I have an important call soon, and right now you're distracting me.' He said, waving his hand as to tell me to go away. Ignoring his playful order, I placed the cup of tea on the desk before turning back to Dark with a now faint smirk on my features. He gave me a confused look, as to ask why I was still here and not heading for the door. I leaned across, grabbing his hands that sat on the top of the chair's back then intertwined our fingers before placing my knee between his legs on the chair.

"W-We can't do this right now." He said, a mad blush appearing on his cheeks. I leaned down and gently pressed my lips against his, of course ignoring his comment.

"(Y/N), what did I just say?" He asked, his tone getting deeper in an attempt to become more intimidating.

"Important, tea, Right now, Sweetheart." I said, twisting his previous words. Expecting him to argue with me, I was about to move away. Instead, he tightened his grip on my hands and kissed back with more of a dominating manner. I knew fighting for control would be impossible so I stayed at a low level, Dark pulled away, lifting his head up, his eyes with mine. His eyes, slightly doed and full of lust and compassion. It was hard to look away, and it's not like I wanted to anyways. I pushed my hands up, sliding his hands off the back of the chair before he kissed me again.

"Dark!" A voice yelled from Dark's computer speaker. Dark made an unintelligible curse before quickly spinning around to the computer, the back of his hands placed against his lips and his eyes wide as he looked at the computer screen. He leaned forward and pressed some kind of button on his microphone before turning to me and jumping from his chair.

"Okay, Love you Darling, But Imma need you to leave." He said, grabbing my elbows and leading me toward the door.

"Enjoy the tea." I giggled. He chuckled and gave me a small peck on my temple.

"I will." He smiled before pushing my out of the room and shutting the door.

"I love you too." I mumbled. Once I turned to walk away, I realized that Dark's voice was muffled through the door. What was this important call about anyways? I leaned against the door, not caring if there are consequences later.

"Was that the human?" The voice asked. Sounded male.

"Who else would you catch me kissing?" Dark asked.

"I don't know how you roll."

"I roll with her."

"What are you going to do about her?"

"Pardon?"

"What about Poison? She would be dead already if you would just kill her"

"Well, I'm not killing her."

"Why not?"

"Because she's my wife!"

"But it's part of the pla- wait. You... Actually like her?" The man asked, holding back laughter.

"It was never part of the plan, to begin with."

"No, the original plan was to kill her. But you haven't done that yet."

"Nor am I going to."

"Do you want me to kill her then."

"Lay a fucking finger on her and I'll put toothpicks underneath your nails and force you to kick a wall!"

"Your threats don't scare me. But what does scare me, is what your decision is going to be."

"Right."

"C'mon Dark. Who's life is it going to be? Hers? Or every demon in this mansion's?" The man snapped. I felt my body tense.

"I don't know."

"Well, you better know quick! Poison is on her way!"

"How about no one dies?"

"You expect no one to die?! Do you have any other solutions rather than the human dying? That's the whole reason why you brought her there!" The man shouted. I heard the chair slide back and then slam to its side against the hard floor.

"Yes, but that's not the reason why she's still here!"

"Then why is she still alive?"

"... She's my wife."

"So?"

"What? Do you think a demon can't love? That's like me saying you can't commit a sin because you're an angel!"

"I'm not saying a demon can't love. I'm saying how the hell would a human love a demon like you? And why would they love such a monster as yourself is the better question."

"Why yo-"

"Figure it out, Damien. Think about who's life you should be saving right now."

"There must be another way!"

"Figure. It. Out. Damien."

"I can-! FUCK." I heard Dark throwing something before he calmed down slightly. Heavy huffs of anger and groans of annoyance. I gulped, backing away from the door, feeling that aching pain in my chest again. Cry, no, don't cry. He's feeling this way because of me. If he just killed me then all of this would be over. Everything would go back to normal for them. Everyone would stay alive. I know Dark will move on. Everyone will move on. Holding back tears, I quickly ran to my room, just wanting to escape everything. The thoughts. The pain. I love Dark. I love him to... Death. I looked at the crumpled bed sheets, thinking to myself. I picked up a corner, feeling the soft material on my fingertips. Narrowing my eyes, I finally twisted the sheet, scrambling over to the other sheet, and tying them together.