Chapter 25: Intent

3,000 reads. 3K reads!!!! Holy crap thank you, thank you so, so much! Thank you all for reading and supporting this story! Love you, Cheers! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was early in the morning when I snuck out of Gavin's room. Early enough so that no one was awake and I could sneak through the place without hesitation. I slowly close the door to Gavin's room after grabbing my gray hoodie, glasses, and secret key he kept in his sock drawer for safe keeping. I walk down the hallway and towards the elevator. However I stop in my tracks whenever I hear a soft crying down the other hall. I walk towards the sound to see Griffon sitting by herself in the hall, weeping softly into her hands. I guess she never really gets time to grieve. She always stays strong for everyone else and never let's anyone comfort her in return. I desperately wanted to stay and help her, but I had something else to do. I silently turn back to the elevator and climb in.

The air was chilled and the sky was still dark. The key that I crudely stole from Gavin was the spare to the swag-mobile (which everyone still refuses to call it). I unlock the driver side door and hop in, putting the key in the ignition and starting it. I hope I remember how to do this. After a few moments of fiddling around, I finally got on the road. The road curved and the pavement was smooth; I haven't driven a car since my first mission. After about a fifteen minute drive, I park the car on the side of the road and get out.

There it was in front of me. The remains of what was the Palace. Rumor has it that construction for a new base of operations for the King was already underway in downtown Austin; code name- 'Stage 5'. I wonder closer to the remains, pulling my hood up over my head so a shadow covered my face. The Palace looked sad now, but the gold on the outside was still probably worth a good amount, which is why the homeless have taken a liking to it.

"It was a great place you know," Said a deep voice from behind me, "but Geoff only proved that it wasn't good enough! Hopefully the new place will be blast-resistant,"

"You offered for me to meet with you once and I refused," I say, turning around to face the King. He stepped into the light of the street lamp to reveal that he wore jeans and a dark red sweatshirt; normal clothes. I hated it. He was suppose to be pretending to be a King, the least he could do is dress like one. Normal clothes aren't fitting. "But I'm here now. What do you want," I ask as a statement much less a question. He contacted me through telepathic links already established in my mind. I don't know if he knows where the base is or not, but he can get ahold of me and that's what matters. Can he contact anyone else? Has he tried?

"Why can't I just stop to say hi?" He says sarcastically; I respond with an unamused look. "Fine. I wanted to say sorry about the loss, and I wanted to ensure my-"

"Sorry?" I cut him off short, "Sorry is something you'd say if you accidentally hit a deer. Sorry is something to say when you spill a drink in your friends car. You, however, get no right to say sorry. You shouldn't be saying a damn thing!" I say angrily. He wasn't Geoff's friend and after this I honestly believe he never was. Even if there was an ounce of decency left in him, he wouldn't have Geoff dead.

"As hard as it might be for you to hear," he says bitterly, "he was my friend first! And before you say anything ignorant, listen," I wanted to vaporize him off the face of the planet but I nod my head for him to speak. His friend first? He was nothing to him. "As I was saying, I want to ensure my well being. After this whole.... Situation, well I figured you'd want me dead rather then trying to reason with me like you have been,"

"There is no reasoning with a murderer-"

"I didn't kill Geoff. He did it to himself,"

"How dare-"

"How dare I? Do what? Admit what you don't want to? I might not know who you are, X-Ray, but I do know you'll do what you have to no matter what, and that makes a man dangerous," I stare at him for a long while. As much as I hated him, I hated him more for saying the truth. Although he sent that bull on us, it was Geoff who stole Gavin's powers and used them to destroy the building. We stared at each other in silence.

"What do you want?" I eventually ask. The King's face grew solemn.

"I want for you 'heroes' to leave me alone. I'll do the same for you," he says as if it were a game. That's all he does; plays games. I begin to laugh, not loudly, but as a chuckle.

"Leave you alone? After what's happened?" I say in a fake-upbeat tone. He shrugs and nods. "Absolutely not you fucking dictator!" I shake my head and walk toward him, closing the large space between us and making it about a foot of space. "I blame you for everything that's happened to this fucking state, I blame you for Geoff, and I blame you for every death since the day you became King. Your going to pay, and I'm going to be the one to do it. You will not be protected anymore, because nothing will protect you from me," The King laughs.

"Well.... Then I hope your ready, because the day of redemption is coming, X-Ray. I can't wait!" He chuckles and begins to walk away. "Hopefully your worth my time. Go home now, you'll have quite the surprise when you get there," He says quietly but with a dark undertone. He disappears into the shadows of the early morning twilight, leaving a shadow of light where his eyes used to be.

"Wait, what? What did you do!" I scream and run after him, but it's like he evaporated into thin air. He's gone. What does he mean 'a surprise'? Does he know where the Labs are? Is someone hurt? I would love to run to find the King, but worry takes ahold of me faster then I can account for. I sprint back to the car and hop in the drivers seat before taking one last fleeting look at the ruined Palace before putting the keys into the ignition.

I drive back to base as quickly as possible, swerving to avoid cars. What's the damage? It's not like they could see me. I park in the usual spot and get out of the car and toward the large box in the alleyway. On my way down the elevator I bounce slightly on my feet, nervous and prepared for whatever the King had done. The doors open and I run out. Immediately I hear loud commotion as I get closer to the Game room. I swing open the green door forcefully to see a room full of laughter and smiles, along with tears and confusion. My eyebrows furrow as I grasp to understand. Then I see what caused the commotion, and there was no way I could have prepared for it.

Standing in between Gavin and Jack with Millie on his lap on the green couch, was Geoffrey Lazer Ramsey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Ello everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! As always, leave your thoughts and advise. Thanks for reading, cheers!

**Chapter 26: Becoming, Coming soon!!**

---------

After note: I've started another story, called "When Demons Fly". It's a Destiel Fanfic, so for anyone who watched SPN and ships Destiel, give it a read! More chapters coming soon!