Chapter 30: Attack (Part 1)

So I'm a bad person, huh? I'm so sorry I haven't updated! School just started again and ugh it's awful and I've been über busy and again I'm so sorry! Any who, enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3:45AM

"Everyone go with their specified groups as called: Burnie, Joel, and Kerry as Team One on outside distraction.... Lindsay, and Griffon as Team Two for infiltration.... Caleb, Jack, and Geoff on Team Three for Knight watch inside, Then Team Lads together as Team Four to attack the king directly.

"We have planned this out so that it is essential to pull off your job before it reached the next designated time. If we don't finish a job before a certain time the entire plan might fail. This is our last fight against the Mad King. I can assure you that this enemy won't be our last, but I can assure you that after tonight he won't be terrorizing this state anymore. I was chosen to lead because many if not all of you believe that I can stop the King, but that's not true. I can't stop the King.... Not alone. Today is a new day and the start to a new life, and hopefully, if we get lucky, we might just save this damn country. Let's get dressed, then meet back here in fifteen minutes. Go!" I said, concluding my short speech. I stepped down from where I was standing on a chair and took Gavin's hand who was standing directly below him. I really did love Gavin, with my entire being, and somehow I knew he felt the same. Quickly, we both get dressed in our appropriate outfits and head back to the game room. I take off my normal glasses and instead put on my heat seeking glasses that Gavin got for me when I first got here. It felt like such a long time ago.

4:00AM

Soon everyone was crowding the room and I dismissed everyone by groups according to their group number. Lads left last. Everyone had a transportation route and we got the swag-mobile to drive on my request. In the car was both Teams Three and Four, so it was cramped but we needed to get in at the same time. We couldn't be seen inside the car, but we needed the distraction in order to get inside the gates. 'Stage 5' was the King's new base of operations. There was a large fence surrounding the compound with barbed wire and plenty of Knights to guard it. However we didn't have to wait long before we all saw a thin layer of fog begin to form on the ground. Thank god we had Joel.

Full name: Joel Pearce Heyman

Height: 6' 1"

Code name: Caboose

Abilities: Weather Control (Specialty is air elements), Flight

Weapon of choice: Gauntlet

Status: Alive, active

As Joel begins to produce the fog it starts becoming higher and more dense. You could see confusion start to arise and searchlights start to turn on. The fog by this point was so thick you could barely see through it. We exited the car and laid low until the gates opened. Kerry, who was at an undisclosed location with the others, was making us look invisible to the Knights but visible to each other.

Full name: Kerry Shawcross

Height: 5' 6"

Code name: Dragonface

Abilities: Illusion, Flight

Weapon of choice: Gun

Status: Alive, active

It took a lot of focus for Kerry to do so, which is why Burnie had to get the gate open so we could all get inside. Burnie set up a telepathic link between all of us so we could communicate without talking, which could potentially give away our positions.