Part 74

Back in the parking lot, David still had an arm banded around her and a hand at the back of her head as he continued to kiss his wife senseless.

But back in the security office Don, the young guard, and Ern, the older guard, were battling curiosity and common-sense.

"You think we ought to get out there?" Don asked, as he ran a hand through his hair and continued to watch the couple in the carpark. They were kissing. Don frowned.

Gruff again. "What for?" Ern scowled.

"Well he did want us to unclamp that car. Elsa said."

"Yeah. But I doubt he'd be happy with us turning up when he's kissing her stupid!" Ern retorted dryly.

There was silence for a few seconds. Then Don shook his head, "Someone needs to remind him he's on camera?" Surely that would help him to keep his job!

"You want to remind him he's on CCTV?" Ern challenged, still watching the monitor.

The other man shrugged. "The way they are going we could have a porno on our hands!"

Don snorted. Ern looked at Don. "You want to keep your job?" The two men looked at each other. Don quirked a brow, and suggested, "We should call Elsa."

"Why?" Ern smirked, still watching the monitor.

"To tell her." Don scratched at an itch behind his ear as he made the suggestion. "She'll know what to do!"

"You want to call her, you call her." Ern still seemed less than convinced that anyone should get involve in this situation. His boss would not be pleased with any interruption!

Having made up his mind, Don picked up the phone, pressed a series of digits for an internal call and got Elsa on first ring. "Elsa, its Don here."

Elsa recognised that voice, she said automatically, "Don. Have you unclamped the car?"

"Er, not yet!" He rolled his eyes. "That's what I'm calling about."

"Oh?" She kept the phone on speakerphone, as she carried on stapling a stack of documents.

"Yeah. The thing is," He blew out a breath, not really sure how to communicate the information without sounding like a pervert. "erm, do you know who the car belongs to?"

"Yes." Elsa replied and wondered about Don's line of questioning. She'd phoned through several minutes ago to ask them to unclamp the car.

"Right." Don rolled his eyes. Course Elsa would. She knew everything! That's why she was the boss's PA! "You, er, you know the woman?"

"Yes. Why?" Elsa scowled at the phone. She stopped stapling those documents and said anxiously, "Have you guys damaged the car?"

"What? No!" Don replied somewhat affronted she would thing that.

Concerned, she fussed, "Have you unclamped the car?" Elsa decided to go back to basics and take control.

"Not yet." Don knew he was in trouble.

Elsa scowled again. "Why not?" Worried and uneasy. "What's going on Don?"

"erm." Don hesitated again.

"Don!" Elsa prompted Don.

Don gushed into speech. "Mr Cardoso is kissing the woman who owns the car!"

"What?" Elsa, the usually unflappable Elsa sounded flustered and troubled.

"They are in the car park. Kissing." Don glanced at the monitor.

"What?"

"Still kissing." Don confirmed. Glanced at the time log, "Have been for three minutes now!" He said. "And doesn't look like they plan on stopping anytime soon!"

Still on speakerphone, but with the phone in her hand, Elsa paced to the floor-to-ceiling windows that provided a view of the city skyline, and also their car park. She looked down. Of course she believed Don, but still, actually seeing her boss, in the car park, kissing his wife, came as a bit of a shock.

"Elsa?" She vaguely heard Don call her name. He repeated. "Elsa?"

"Yes." She frowned at the scene in front of her. This was out of character for her boss. He did not do public demonstrations. Elsa should know, she had seen women come and go from the office over the years, and not once had he kissed any of the women in public. What he did behind his closed office door she had no idea, but she had never seen him kissing any of his women friends.

"Elsa?"

"What?" She asked.

"Remember, what I'm calling about!" Don reminded her.

Elsa's brow furrowed. "Unclamped the car. It belongs to Ms Cardoso."

"He has a sister?" Don looked at Ern, baffled.

Having heard Don's question Ern rolled his eyes at his colleague, given what they had seen. "Unlikely!" He mouthed silently.

"Wife!" Elsa told them.

Don grimaced. Ern raised a brow in question and silently Don mouthed "His wife!" Ern blinked in shock.

Don grimaced again. Great. His job was toast! "Right. Ok. Oh." Don listened. He scowled "I'll leave you to sort it!" Don announced. "Let us know when you want us to unclamp that car!" Having passed on the buck, he promptly put the phone down.

Elsa looked at the car park from her window. Sort it? Sort what? What was she supposed to do? Go and remind her boss that he was being recorded on CCTV?

Fortunately for Elsa, Don and Ern, they were in luck, for at that very moment a car pulled up into the car park.