Part 123

Beatrice took over. Closed that gap. She pulled his head down toward her and then placed her nervous lips against his. She grabbed fistfuls of his hair. Every suppressed moment suddenly collided. She closed her eyes and fused her lips to his lips. Plastered her to him. Their lips met in a tender kiss. Barely a touch. His lips brushed hers tenderly. But his heart raced and the connection between them flared into life. Every sense exploded and her mind told her not trust herself to fall in love, not again. But her heart refused to listen. Instead, she arched her neck, turned her head, opened her mouth and gave him free rein. That kiss was more potent then the kiss she expected.

She relinquished charge of the kiss but it didn't feel like surrender when he took over and she said in a breathless whisper against his lips, "Kiss me senseless." Her signals were clear.

David felt relief, as he recognised her trust when she gave him the power, when she offered a license to deepen the kiss. He took over the kiss. His fingers snaked around the back of her neck and he kissed her back. His lips firmed, pressure increased. He angled her head and he cupped her face between his hands. Beatrice felt lightheaded.

When she opened her mouth he deepened the kiss. David gently but firmly drew Beatrice closer. His kiss was long, deep and slow. It wasn't just his lips, tongue, hands, hips, she loved the feeling of his hard body against her. Beatrice put her hand against his chest, felt the racing beat of his heart. Her total commitment had his blood pumping hard and fast.

He kissed Beatrice gently and reverently. But he put everything into that kiss. She lost herself in that kiss. Their hearts hammered. Not really shocked. Just stunned. How their kiss erupted. That feeling of disorientation. That's how they felt. And despite that two people who were logical, they loved it: Incomprehension. Confusion. Mystification. And loved it.

His senses took over. His tongue brushed feathering moist against her lips. Teasing. He kissed her on her parted lips. He wanted a long, slow, drugging kiss. But he kissed her firmly. She heard him groan against her mouth as the kiss deepened. His tongue tenderly stroked her lips to incoherence. Pure female delight streaked through her body.

She sucked in some air. He used microseconds to breathe and to change angles of their kiss. She expected that jolt of awareness and wasn't disappointed by the impact.

He wanted a mindless response from her. Like his response. It was beyond mindless. He challenged her lips demanding more. The kiss exploded. Her response was nothing short of mind-blowing and he hadn't counted on being floored by her fire and eagerness.

She had never felt like this: A trembling unlike anything. Nothing mattered as Beatrice kissed David without thinking about the consequences or the implications. She gave him everything. She knew she was playing with fire.

His arms bound her firmly to him as they teased and tortured each other for several minutes. Nuzzled her cheek, her ears, he feathered kisses along her jaw line brushing, teasing, nipping at her lower lip. The wetness of his tongue streaked across her lips. She was whimpering. His mouth fused with hers as their bodies continued to body brush each other. That was when David's hand reached out, tenderly gathered a fist full of her hair in order to secure her head in position. David settled his lips on hers for a more explicit kiss. His breath escaped in a whispered sigh as her tongue brushed his tongue. She moaned. Beatrice was beyond coherence. Her lips were swollen from their kisses. Her breath was shallow.

Slowly the explosive kiss lightened and eventually into light fleeting touches. They came gently back down to earth. He reluctantly pulled away slightly but he was pretty sure she could feel his heart hammer. And when they pulled apart, they were breathing hard.

David disengaged slowly. His hands framed her face and his eyes waited for her eyelashes to flutter apart. Her eyes looked shell-shocked. His eyes danced in remembrance as he reviewed their kiss. He was rehashing events. She was baffled. Caution. Disconcerted. Foxed. But still her smile danced through her eyes. He banked a smile. He wasn't surprised to see desire in her eyes. He knew how she felt. He smiled ruefully at Beatrice. "I'm not a romantic man." David murmured. "But I loose all train of thought when you kiss me."

Her heart thumped loudly when his words registered. Beatrice eyes filled with tears as emotion welled up.

Why was she crying? He looked straight at Beatrice. "What have I done?" He frowned, as he saw her tears."Are we good?" He rifled his fingers through his hair as he remembered just how much of a jolt she gave his system. But maybe, her system didn't feel that jolt. Of course her system felt that jolt, his logical brain told him. She obliged as she nodded. Again, he tugged her close, wrapped his arms around her back and waist, and held her to his chest. Beatrice heard the loud thud of his heart. She knew from the pace of his heart that he was worried. "You're ok? Are you sure? You're happy?" He asked, tipped his head and looked at her. She nodded. He added, "Do you trust me?"

She smiled and nodded. Beatrice whispered softly, "Yeah. I trust you."

David drew her into a tight hug. "So, can we give our marriage a chance?" He eased back to look into her eyes. He knew without a shadow of a doubt that she was it for him. He placed her palm on his chest, just above his thudding heart, hoping that she would recognise his feelings.