Chapter 1

DEUCE's POV

Opening my eyes to see it pitch black still, I looked over at the clock and it read 10:00 AM. I knew I needed to get my day started, and head to the warehouse.

We got'a important meetin'.

"Morning papi." Mia said, turning to the other side.

"Mawnin'." I said getting up, opening the blinds. I covered my eyes from all the sunlight.

Being the youngest boss on this side of the hood, came with benefits. I was feared, just the way I liked it. I had plenty money, with a big crib. Girls every day.

Plus, sleeping with the BIG BOSS, my boss, Mr. G's daughter Mia. We ain't serious, she just here when I need her. Mr. G don't know about us, and ima need it to stay that way.

"So, what you doing today miel?" Mia asked, while I came out the bathroom fully dressed.

"Work."

I wasn't much of a talker in the mawnin, but Mia asked too many questions. I mean, we ain't togetha. Mia was bad, but being my girl? Na. I thought she understood that tho.

I walked out the room, and down the stairs. Walking into the living room, Zel was sleep and Boon was watching cartoons.

"Nigga, wake up. We gotta go." I said, shaking Zel.

"Boy, get your long head ass on. I'm up nigga." He said getting up.

"Come on Boon."

Me, Boon, and Zel been boys, eva since we was kids. We been through it all. We basically raised ourselves. I lost my pops, momma was around but not all the time. Boon and Zel was twins, and they lost all they family too. We was basically raised in the streets. We had each other, and now we was the ones running shit.

Zel was the funny, ain't scared of nothing one. Boon was the goofy, sweet retarded one. Then there was me. The serious but laid back one, and I wasn't scared to put you in yo place either. Nothing could get pass us. We ain't play bout nun.

Walking out the livin room, I saw how my whole house needed to be clean.

"Nigga, you need a maid." Zel said, looking around just like I was. I nodded, cause this shit was trash.

"Boon, clean up when we get back." I joked

30 Minutes Later

"Yo. Get everybody in the black room." I said, walking in telling our workers. The black room was where most of our meetings took place. Mostly where all the business was taken care of, wit a little bit of shooting occasionally.

"Aite boss."

"We should've stopped for breakfast yo. Nigga stomach growlin' and sht." Zel said, sitting on the big table.

"I got fruit snacks." Boon said, pulling out a pack of Welch's.

"Give me them." Zel said, snatching them.

"Chill. So, first things first. We gotta get our security on lock. Too many new niggas outchea' trying get in. Plus, I heard it's somebody new tryna take our spot on the block." I said, thinking about what I been hearin lately.

"Fa sho. So I'ma need y'all to be on the lookout." Zel said.

"Who we lookin' out for bro?" Boon asked. I shook my head. Nigga never pay attention.

"Some dumb nigga, trying take over. Nigga from the other side. We ain't wit it. So, if ya found out some info', come back to us. We upgradin' our security too g." I said.

"Meetin' dismissed."

Home

"Boon, clean this mess up yo." I said, walking in the kitchen.

"This ain't just my stuff. Tell Mira to clean up fa u."

"Nigga, now u kno that girl name Mary. Call the cleaning place. The magnet on the fridge." Zel said, laughing.

"I need a live-in maid, cause y'all messy." I said, going over to the kitchen. I'll call them after I find some food.

BLUE'S POV

Lord, I'm so tired. I came in Kelly's apartment, flopping down on the bed. I was tired of cleaning at this business firm. I was over it. All the workers, looked down on me. Most days I didn't let them get to me, but I'm getting real tired. Hopefully, someone else will ask for my services cause.... this ain't it.

"How was work sus?" Kelly asked, coming in my temporary room.

"Irritating. I hate working for them. I need something new."

"It'll get better sus. What's for dinner?" She asked, putting my paint bottles in the bag.

"I'm not even hungry."

Kelly and I were best friends. We were roomies in college, and we've been close ever since. She was a teacher, and me? Well, I was stuck with a cleaning job. I had this dream to become a painter and open my own art gallery. But here I was, with this stupid job saving up money.

I wanted my own apartment, but Kelly insisted I stay with her. It was cool living here, but I know sometimes, she wanted her place to herself.

I dragged my legs off the bed and went to take care of my hygiene. I was over this day. My hair looked a mess, and I had circles under my eyes. I was just ready to sleep.

After an hour, I was walking back into my room to answer my ringing phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Blue. I have a new cleaning job for you." Ms. Ray said.

She was my boss, and she was a sweet older lady. I was happy she had something new for me.

"Hey, Ms. Ray. And where?" I asked, finding me some night clothes.

"It's about 15 minutes from here. It's a house, and it's in a very nice neighborhood." I was liking what she was telling me. Anything other than the firm, would be nice.

"There's something else though." She paused. "It's a live-in maid position."

I stood still for a while. I was happy for a new job opportunity, but I was scared to be living with people, I didn't know. Plus, what about Kel?

"Hello? Blue? You there?"

"Yeah, I'm here. I'll take it." I said sighing, sitting down.

"Good. Well, I'll tell them that I've got someone. You can start Monday."

"Okay. Thanks Ms. Ray."

I stood there, wondering how this will go. What if the people are crazy or something? I needed this though. I've been asking for this. Maybe this was a sign from God. I definitely need to pray on it.

What could happen right?

Well, first chapter editing done.

Most likely, I'll do the whole book. Some things were changed. Feel free to point out the new things to! Lol

To the new readers, welcome! ❤️ To the re-readers, enjoy the new changes!

Deleting these books are still a thought, so enjoy them on wattpad for now lol.

-Nicksterthewriter