Chapter 17

DEUCE

"Would yall stop playin', and focus. Yall blowin' me. Deadass."

"We're trying."

"Well you ain't tryin hard enough!"

"You're being mean." Kelly said.

We were deep in the woods, close to a park. Today we was teachin' them how to shoot. I was standin' behind Blue, Boon was behind Kelly, and of course Zel was helpin' Millan. They was jokin' around too much, and I won't down wit it.

"Aim at the cans Blue. This the easiest step man." I was frustrated as hell.

"I got it. I got it."

Sho'nuff she hit her cans. Kelly sucked, and Millan got it after a couple of times.

"Now we gone hit the papea."

"You mean paper?"

"Stop bein' funny Blue, and pay attention."

"Yes sir." She snickered.

While Kelly was still on cans, Blue and Millan was shootin' paper. I laughed at the sight of Boon sighin'.

"Y'all can take a break now." We was gettin nowhere.

"Thank God." Kelly said.

"You aint even do nun." Zel laughed at her.

BLUE

"Let's walk back to the ice cream stand in the park." I said to Kelly and Milly.

"Bring us back sum." Zel said.

"Nope. I got my baby tho." I smirked at Deuce.

"I'll get you something." I looked over at Milly, who was smiling at him.

"Can yall bring me back the ninja-turtle ice cream?" Boon asked, while he reloaded the gun.

"Sure. Why not?" I said, sarcastically.

ICE CREAM STAND

"Hey. Can I get two of the blue raspberry, two-ball screw-balls please? And one of the Ninja Turtles?" I said to the worker.

"Helene?" I heard some man say, while I was waiting for my things.

He repeated himself a couple of times, until I saw Kelly turn around. She seemed confused and caught off guard at first.

"Oh hey!" She smacked her forehead.

"How are you?" He asked, then he turned his attention to me.

"I'm good. Tony, right?" Kelly asked.

"Yeah. Who's this?" He pointed my way.

"Oh, this is Charise."

I looked at her like huh? I made the best most jacked up face ever.

"And that's Genesis." She pointed to Milly. We all shared a look.

"Nice to meet you both." He shook our hands, but his eyes stayed on me.

"Ma'am, here's your stuff." The young boy said, passing me my things. I turned away, and took them.

"Keep the change."

"Well you must have a sweet tooth." He motioned at the things I got.

"Yeah, I guess so. Nice meeting you."

He smiled and waited until we left. I looked back and saw him still standing there smiling. He waved, and I return it.

Walking back towards the woods, the boys were coming to meet us.