Chapter 12

This chapter includes background [Flashback] on Deuce.

BLUE (week later)

"So, y'all together now or what?" Kelly asked us, while we were in the bonus room. We were all having movie night, and we were all scattered around the room. We were in the process of waiting for Zel.

"Why you bein' nosey?" Boon asked.

"Yeah. That's my girl." Deuce said, causing me to look at him.

We really haven't talked much about being together, but we have become closer. We were just enjoying each other's company.

I sat there and blushed, looking away.

"Bih, stop blushing. Y'all ugly." She said, smiling.

"Yo edges ugly." Deuce said, being funny.

She gave him the middle finger. "Boon gave me something for those. Thank you very much."

"Oh yea, I forgot." Deuce said laughing.

"Man shut up. They laid now, so?" Boon said, while rolling on the floor.

"Yo, blue. Let's go talk upstairs, til Zel get back."

"Ok."

DEUCE

"What you wanna talk about Two?"

"Don't play Beige. I wanna talk bout me and you. We really doin' this?"

"Doing what?" Blue said, smilin' a little.

"This." I motioned between me and her.

"Tell me something you haven't told me before. I've heard about you and the twins. Tell me more about you. Your family. Your dad? Your mom?" she said, lowly.

I frozed, and my thoughts took me back to when I was 10 years old. It's been 15 years since:

-I was runnin' home from some niggas down the street. I bust thru the door', and I saw my moms, layin' on the flo' passed out.

I was use to it, so I grabbed ha, and put ha in the tub. I let the water run ova ha body. I sat there til' she finally woke up.

It took a lil longer than expected, but I wasn't trippin'. She finally moved and she shook. She fussed and screamed, and nun of it phased me.

"You bastard child! I hate you!" She yelled at me.

I was use to the hate comments, and still. It ain phase me. I grabbed a towel, and threw it at her.

Later that night, I saw ha sittin' on the old rusty couch we got from somebody on tha street.

"I don't even kno why yo daddy had to even go that day!" She fussed. "Should've been you in the hospital sick. Dying"

"You ain't sht. You're worthless. You ain't gone eva be nuthin."

All the things she said before, didn't mean nuthin. But them words thea, hurt a nigga. How could my own momma tell me that?

I sat there and listened to everythin' she said to me. Most days she ain't even kno who a nigga was. I was a stranger.