Chapter 7

KYLE'S POV (Next Day of the Shooting)

"I shot at them."

"I hit one of them, but one of ours got shot too." I continued to speak in the phone.

"He's still alive?" I asked, shocked.

"I got it. I'll find them." I sighed, hanging up.

I thought I killed him.

DEUCE'S POV

Eva since I got back from the hospital three days ago, Blue been kind of distant. I wonder what was up wit her, but I didn't stress it.

"How you feelin' bro?" Boon asked, comin in the bonus room. I've been chillin' down hea, since I got back.

"I'm str8. Ready to find out who tf did this." I said.

See that night, we just got a call tellin' us to bring a couple of bags. We figured it couldn't be no cops, cause we cool wit most of them down hea. Sumbody set us up, and they gone get what's cumin' to em.

"Mia's at the door." Blue came in rollin' ha eyes, then turned right back around.

"Stay in here." I told her.

I watched her come in, and flop on the couch beside Boon. She sat there without sayin' anythin'. What's up wit her?

Mia came bustin' in the room, with her hands ova ha mouth.

"Papi! Are you okay?" She said, cumin' over touchin' me.

"I'm good."

I saw Blue roll her eyes out the corna of my eye. Mia was buggin' me, and I ain't feel like dealin' wit ha today.

"Listen, ma. I'm kind of tired, righ na. Can you come back sum otha time?" I sighed.

"Yeah, sure baby!" She was about to kiss me, but I turned and she kissed my cheek instead.

I saw Blue and Boon laughing, and they stopped once they seen me lookin'.

AFTER MIA LEFT

"Wea you been Zel?" I asked eating the food Blue cooked.

"Out, nigga."

"You want some shrimp alfredo?" Blue asked, grabbin' anotha plate.

"Yea ma."

"What's up Zel?" I asked seriously.

"Nun, man. I'm tryna find out who did this to you. Ain't got no leads yet man. Been drivin' round town and got nothing."

"We gone get them, g. Don't worry bout it." I said, eatin' a shrimp.

Blue sat at the table wit us, with her hands out and head down. She looked up, and looked at us crazy.

BLUE

"Um, we're saying grace first. Grab hands. Boon you wanna pray?" I asked him, while he looked completely lost.

"Huh?" He looked up.

"Zel? Deuce?" I asked, looking at them both.

"Jesus Wept. Amen."

"Oh wow. Nice." I shook my head, and begin eating.

After dinner, I felt like it was time to tell the boys about the other night. I was still scared about the situation, but I knew they'd be here for me.

I walked into the living room and sat down while they were playing 2k. Boon was doing my crossword puzzle.

"Y'all. I have something to tell you." They all seemed unbothered and continued to do their thing.

"Hello? It's something serious." I looked at them, and still nothing.

"I quit." I fake smiled, and they finally looked at me.

"Word?"

"No. So now that I have your attention......The other night when Deuce got shot, somebody was here. They were outside by the kitchen. They had a mask on. I went upstairs looking for y'all, but y'all weren't there." I said sadly.

I was scared, and I ran for their help. They just weren't here. I felt my eyes fill with water, but I wasn't gonna cry. What if I was hurt? What if they broke in, and killed me?

After I felt my eyes dry up a little, I looked up to see the boys with the same expression. They had "I'm Sorry" looks.

Deuce got up off the couch, going into one of the rooms. I wasn't sure where but he took a while to come back out. He had this face of anger and his fists were balled up.

"Boon. Let's go. Deuce I know you got her." Zel looked at him, then they rushed outside.

I got off the couch, going over to Deuce. I grabbed his arms, and tried to calm him down a bit. I looked him in his eyes, and saw nothing but madness.

"I aint gone let nun happen to you. I got you." He said, as his breathing slowed down some.

"Just calm down." I said still looking into his eyes.

I thought back to the night he was shot, and I thought about the things he told me too. Something was definitely up and it's clear as day that someone wants them all hurt. More so Deuce. I shook the thoughts for now, and grabbed him. I hugged him, and simply said "It's okay."

ZEL'S POV

"Somebody kno sum, bruh." I said, speedin down the road to the warehouse.

"We gone get them bro. Trust me."

"They shootin' Deuce, shootin' us, and comin' to our house? Scaring Blue?" I said, smackin' the wheel.

"Let's go."

I power walked, bustin' inside the warehouse. I called everybody back here, to talk bout this.

"BLACK ROOM NOW." I yelled to everybody. Everybody came floodin' in the room. All the workers we had at the warehouse and the ones on the streets. Sumbody gone talk tonight.

"SUMBODY betta have sum for us." I said starin at everybody.

"Tell me what I wanna hear." I looked at them all.

"SUMBODY comin' to our house! SUMBODY shootin' at us, and shot Deuce! Leavin' notes and sht." Boon said, getting angry just like me.

"Tell us what we wanna hear now! If not, yo ass gettin shot!" I yelled.

Everybody looked at each other, like they was confused. I was bout to shoot everybody, until the new girl spoke up.

"I heard some things. The guy on the other side of town were looking for yall. I heard it from my girl working at the salon." She said.

"What salon?"

"Beauties." She said.

"Show me, bright and early in the morning yo."

LATER AT THE HOUSE

"Wea Blue?" I asked walkin' in the office at the house.

"She up there sleepin. You get any info'?" Deuce asked.

"The new chick said sum bout sum dude been lookin' fo us. She gone show me the girl she heard it from da morrow." I said.

"I'm comin' wit you."

"Na, you can't go Deuce. Stay here man. Your shoulder ain't healed, and you need to protect Blue. I kno you want too anyway." Boon said, looking down.

"Aite man. But tell me everythin' that happen." Deuce said.

"We gettin' the security round hea upgraded too." I said, walking up the stairs.

ANONYMOUS POV

"It's gettin taken care of." I said into the phone.

"I won't let you down. Believe me." I said hanging up.

My plan is coming along. 😊