Chapter 9

DEUCE

"I'm leaving. I'm going to the store." Blue said, coming downstairs with some tights on and my hoodie. She had her hair in a wet slicked-down bun, without her glasses.

"Wait. I'm goin' wit you. And how you get my hoodie?"

"I found it in the dryer, and thought it was cute." She shrugged.

It had been a couple of days, since we kissed. Zel and Boon thought somethin' was weird goin on, but I haven't told them anythin' yet. Blue kind of stayed to herself and continued to clean when needed. I figured we could talk now.

"I'll drive you. Get in the Range." I told her, walkin' towards the door.

"Range Rovers are so nice." She said walking to the truck. I opened her door, cause I was nice like that.

"Thanks."

She decided on Target, and here I was bored outta my mind. I started to bug her, and just drop random sht ' in the cart.

"Stop, Grinch." She said laughing a little.

"No. Not until you give me anotha kiss."

"No. What did I tell you?" She said, scannin' through the movies.

"I don't care what you said. I can fire you then you can kiss me anytime you want."

No doubt that I was feelin' Blue. She was beautiful, a good ass maid, a good ass kisser, and she was the type that any nigga would be glad to have.

"Ha. You funny." She said, walking away from me to the books. Nerd.

Before I could move, I felt somebody watchin' a nigga. I turned around lookin', seein' nobody outta place. I followed behind Blue, lookin' at my surroundins.

"What you looking at?" Blue asked me, while I was lookin' round.

"Nothing, mama. You done yet?"

"No, we gotta go get gummy bears." She said smiling, pushin' the cart. I stayed close to her, and without lookin' I bumped into a lady.

"My fault." I said to her. "It's alright." I turned and saw some dark-skin nigga. He looked at me, and I stared right tf back. The lady walked away, and he walked away with her. This the longest stare down I done had. Nigga looked familiar too.

Nigga kept staring til' he turned the corna. I noticed Blue was missing thru all this action. I made my way to the candy aisle, and found her throwin' all them damn gummies in the cart.

"Ain't that enough?" I said, movin' the bags in the cart.

"Nope. Think I need more?"

While Blue did the rest of her shoppin', I sat back and thought about that nigga. Shawty was takin' foreva and a day shoppin, but I ain't mind tho.

Walkin' out the store, I notice a lil card stuck on my door. I grabbed it before Blue could see it. She was too busy lookin' at her book, she ain't notice. I unlocked the door for her, and let her get in. I put the things in the trunk.

I grabbed the card, puttin' it in my pocket. "You want some food?" I asked. She looked at me like I was stupid, "Duh. Nigga."

LATER AT THE HOUSE

I was sittin in the office, gettin' ready to open the note. Zel was restin' for once, and Boon and Blue was in the bonus room. I opened the note and it read:

I should've killed you. Now, I'll just get your girl next.

I frozed for a second. That was the nigga who shot me. The nigga at Target. Now he wanna come afta' Blue? Na, nigga. It's a wrap.

"Your girl is here." Blue came in. "Yeah, I kno. I'm lookin' at her."

"Boy. Bye." She said, walkin' out.

I sighed, and made my way to the foyer.

"What's up." I sighed.

"Hey papi. I missed you."

"Look, Mia. Can we talk?" I motioned for her to go sit in the living room.

"Yes, baby? Everything okay?" She looked concerned.

"Um. Ion think I can do this anymo." I said lookin' at the flo.

"Do what? No papi. What did I do?"

"Nothing. I just can't do this no mo." I said nonchalant.

"Wait, it's the idiota isn't it?"

"Blue? Na. Between me and you." I said. Honestly, Blue was a reason. I wanted Blue, and I couldn't get her, while messin round wit Mia.

"It is her. I will make your life a living hell! You'll regret doing this to me perra!" She yelled.

"Calm down ma." I sighed. I really wanted to laugh in her face, but I won't that heartless.

"No! I'm callin' my father!" She yelled wit tears in her eyes.

"No. Don't do that." Hell nall.

"I am! You hurt me and want to leave me. For your maid!!" She fussed. "He's going to kill you!" She smirked.

"Don't tell him. I'm sorry." I ain't tryna die yet.

"If you don't end this, I won't call him. I want you to myself. I want you to fire her." She fussed.

I wasn't about to fire Blue. Shawty can dead that.

"I can't fire her. She a maid, for all us. I don't want Blue. She ain't my type, and she's ugly. I like you & just want you." I lied. She sat down, and she apologized. She threatened me to stay wit ha. Ha father would kill me. I had to say it.

"I'll be back papi. I have sum business to take care of." She said, leaving out the front door.

"Let's have dinner tonight." She blew a kiss, leaving out the house.

I turned my head, to see Blue on the stairs with tears in her eyes. I saw her tears fall down her face, before she rushed up the stairs.

"Blue. I'm sorry. I didn't mean any of that. I'm sorry." I said running up the stairs behind her. As soon as she was in her room, she slammed the door and I didn't get there in time.

"You messed up bro. She was really feelin' you." Boon said, shakin' his head walkin' to his room.

"I kno, I kno man." And, I hated it.

BLUE

I heard the things he said about me. What he said, was true. My self-esteem was so low most times. Everything he said, pierced my heart a little. I thought he liked me.

I laid in bed, and cried myself to sleep. I prayed that tomorrow would just be a better day.

MIA

"Padre! I have to tell you something." I smirked, getting in my car driving away.