Chapter 13

BLUE

Boon was doing much better now. I was happy that it wasn't as bad as we thought. He had a gash, and his face was healing. He had a black eye, but that was in the process of healing too.

I thought it was nice for Deuce to take all of us on vacation. It's gonna be so nice. I think we all deserved one, with all the things going on. Things have been quiet it for a while.

Me and Kelly were in the process of packing our clothes, and just sitting around. Zel said his new girl "Friend" couldn't go. Said she had other business to take care of, so it'll just be us girls.

I was just ready to see the beach. Felt like I could always clear my mind on a beach. Figured I'd take a bunch of canvas and paint to give me a new scenery too.

The boys' kind of been in their own worlds lately. I didn't really stress the issue that much. I knew that they had a lot on their mind.

"Y'all good?" Deuce opened the door. "Yeah."

"Well, we leavin' fa the airport in two hours." He said, walking out. "Gotcha."

AIRPORT

"How come they don't have gummy bears?" I said, sadly. I put my head on Deuce's shoulder, while we waited to board.

"They got chips and sodas. They got a Five Guys ova there." He pointed.

"I don't want Five Guys. I want gummy bears." I pouted.

"I'll get you sum gummy bears when we land baby." He smiled. "Thank you."

"Boon, you alright?"

"Yes, Blue. Can you stop askin'? Damn." He said laughing.

"I was just asking."

"You done asked 5 hunna times. I'm cool B." Boon said, rubbing my hand a little.

We waited another 5 minutes until it was finally time to get on the airplane. It wasn't shocking to know, that the boys got us first class tickets. I was kind of scared to be on one of these things, but I had to get there somehow.

Boon and Kel sat together, me and Deuce, and Zel got him one by himself.

"You good?" Deuce asked, sliding down in the seat.

"Uh, sure."

"Don't worry. I got you. It'll go by fast." He said almost sleep.

"You falling asleep on me. How is this okay?"

He grabbed my hand, and held it. He motioned for me to lay my head on his shoulder, and I did just that. I said a prayer before take-off, praying for traveling mercies.

LA

"Wow. It's so beautiful here." I said in awe.

We were getting out of the rental car, going into the hotel. The boys just had to go all out, with getting these fancy cars to drive around while in LA.

They were doing too much, but hey. It ain't my money.

DEUCE

"Did y'all really have to go all out with these Ferraris?"

"You don't like our cars?" I asked Blue.

"You're only gonna be here for three days. Could've settled for a minivan, and I would've been cool." She said smilin' at me.

"You goofy mama. A minivan in LA?"

HOTEL

"Wow. This is so nice." I heard Blue say.