Chapter 8

DEUCE
"Nigga. It was a dead end. The girl wasn't even thea." Zel said walkin' in the room frustrated.

"What you mean? Ol' girl ain't know that?" I asked.

"Na. She was clueless just like me. Said ain't nobody seen the girl."

"How you missin' a girl that work there? Somebody lyin." Boon asked, walkin in with some edibles.

"Nigga, you kno we don't have drugs and weed here. That was deal wit the cops, dummy." Zel said.

We had a run-in wit sum cops back then. We made a deal wit them, and we been cool wit 'em every since. They gave us a tip, and told us to never have anythin' in the house. Could help the case if we eva got in some trouble.

"So, no mo leads huh?" I asked them. I was gettin tired of just sittin' around not doin' nun. My trigga finga itchin'.

"Nun man." Zel said shakin' his head. We all took a brownie and just chilled.

"Oh shit. Nigga, am I swimmin?" Zel said about 30 mins later.

"I am. I see that nigga Nemo." Boon smiled at himself.

"Look at Dory. Just keep swimming, just keep swimmin swimming swimmin." He sung.

"I'm hungry as hell now."

After it started wearin off sum, I answered my ringin' phone wit an unknown numba poppin' up.

"Who this?" I said speakin' in the phone. I could hear them breathin' but they ain't speak.

"Hello. Who this?" I spoke again. Still nun.

I begin to laugh. "Oh, you must be the niggas messin' with us. What's up? How ya doin'? How ya day goin'? Good? That's what up. Let's meet." I said, into the phone. I heard a scoff.

"We comin' fa you. You gone regret messin' wit the wrong niggas." I hung up the phone and laid back.

"Who was dat? Think it was them niggas?" Zel looked up.

I shook my head yes, and grabbed the controller. I looked over and saw my phone ringin' again.

"Oh, you aint get it the first time nigga?" I said.

"No inform me chico?"

"Mr. G? My fault. What's up?" I said, lowerin' my tone.

"Nothing. I heard you got hit. Is that messing with my business? Who wants you hurt?"

"A lot of people probably want me dead, but it aint affectin' business. We str8. I'm gettin' betta every day." I looked over to Boon and Zel.

I put the phone on speaker. Mr. G never wanted to talk to the twins. He felt like I was da smart one. He thought Zel wasn't fit to keep conversation, while he thought Boon was just plain slow.

"I'll be calling back later with the date of the meeting' chico. Stay safe." He chuckled in the phone. I heard the dial tone and tossed my phone.

BLUE'S POV

I was done cleaning for the day, and I figured I'd call Kelly.

"Kels, I don't know. I haven't talk to him about it. I work for drug dealers Kelly. That's how they got all of this money, with this big ass house."

"Sus. You're being dramatic. They're all cute and you did say they'll protect you." She said.

"What if they get caught up, and they try coming after me? I should quit." I said sighing.

"But then, how you're gonna get your gallery if you don't have a job?" she asked being smart. She was definitely trying it.

"Just work until you feel like you have enough for your gallery. Plus, I'll help you. Just hang in there." She said.