Chapter 23

BLUE

I drove to my old home. Not really a home, but a place I use to lay my head. I took a deep breath, before getting out of the truck.

"Well. This is it."

We looked around the now abandoned house. The yard was dirty, and the grass had definitely not been cut. We lost the house, when we moved in with Mema. She was definitely not paying for it, and plus all of our things were gone anyway.

"Let's go in." Millan said, while she walked closer. She walked to the door, and then kicked it open. Deuce took my hand, and we all walked slowly following Milly.

Since it was light outside, we opened the broken blinds and let the light shine in. Dust was everywhere, but it still looked the complete same.

"Is a ghost gone pop out or sum? Caus I can go bac to da truck. Kelly, hold my hand." Boon said.

"Stop bein' a punk." Zel said.

We all heard something, and Zel jumped.

"Ow, Boon. You hurting my hand." Kelly said.

"Nope. Im gettin' tf outta hea." Zel said.

"Take me wit u nigga." Boon yelled.

"Stay." Milly said to him. Almost like she pleaded.

I was staying to myself, and not really saying much. I looked around the small house we had. I looked at where the kitchen used to be, the little living room, and I walked slowly to the room me and Milly shared.

I looked at our names that I had painted on the wall when we were younger. I ran my fingers over the letters, and sighed.

"U good? U wanna leave?" Deuce came in behind me.

"I'm fine babe." I smiled, and stood on my tiptoes to kiss him. I was fine, but this place did bring back memories. Terrible memories.

"Blue. I found something for you." Milly came in.

"What is it?"

"I don't know. An envelope with your name on it."

DEUCE

"Where'd you find it?" Blue asked.

"It was in her room, stuck under those old books on her dresser." Milly passed her the envelope, while she rolled her eyes.

She opened it slowly, and read it to herself. She scoffed and shook her head.

"Now that is funny." She laughed, leavin' the letter on the floor.

I picked it up, caus I wanted to be nosey. Tf?

It read:

Blue. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you. I never meant for any of this to happen. You have to believe me. Your mom came on to me, but that's not the point. I know I was wrong. I never meant to hurt you. Please forgive me. If you find this, please call me. You have my number. I love you.

-Josh

"This nigga." I laughed right along wit Blue. Goofy ass nigga.

We were all back by the front door, and then we heard a noise again.

"Oh hell naw. There go dat damn noise again." Boon said, runnin' to da door.

"Im gettin' tf outta hea. Forget dis haunted shit." Zel said followin'.

We all laughed at them both.

"U ready baby?" I looked down at Blue.