Chapter 4

DEUCE'S POV

We been at the warehouse all day. Niggas was slackin' on they business, and it got me hot asf.

"I want my money, son." Zel said, pointing the gun to a nigga who owed us.

"You ain't bout to get off the hook, after you wanna steal from us bro. You kno betta'."

"I'm sorry man. Ill get you yo money. I just need mo time. Please." He pleaded.

The sound of the gun rung throughout the warehouse. We turned to see Boon, with his gun right in his hand. Don't get us wrong, Boon was a lil slow, but bro knew when to take care of business.

"lets' call up Murch, see if him and they crew could come clean this up." I said, leaning over the table.

After talking about the killing for a while, we started to think about his family.

"Wonder what they like? Maybe I can do his wife." Zel said, smirking at his dead body on the flo. One thing we don't play bout. Our money.

We went back to the office, while Murch came thru. I answered my ringing phone, and frozed looking at the unexpected phone call.

"Yo, it's Mr. G." I said, looking at them.

"Don't answer it nigga."

We want our own empire. We want to be our own bosses. We was over workin' for Mr. G. We just don't kno how we could get out of it, without death.

"What up?" I said. "I want to meet. I'll be in the states soon."

I muted the phone and told Zel & Boon what he was saying.

"We got business to handle." He said, sounded mad serious over the phone.

I heard the dial tone before I could say anything.

"Wonder why he wanna meet fo." Boon said, rolling around on the rolling chair.

"Ion kno', but G sound mad af."

"Maybe, it ain't serious. We'll worry bout it later. Y'all heard anythin' from the nigga, tryna come round?" Zel said.

"Na, but Big Bird said he heard he was dark skin tho'.

"One day we gone check'em. Real soon. Real soon G." I said.

"Fa sho'."

BLUE'S POV

After doing my daily routine with cleaning everybody's room, I started to get nosey. I walked around the big house, still looking at things. Just getting use to everything. The more I hung around the guys, I wondered what they did.

To have such a big house, they had to have plenty of money. They were gone most of the day, so I was mostly by myself. I honestly didn't mind it though.

I popped a whole three bags of popcorn and filled up a big bowl. I grabbed chips, gummy candy, and a couple of snickers.

"Maybe, I'll take more gummy bears."

Before I could get out the kitchen, I heard a knock on the door. I put my stuff down and walked to the door. I opened the door, and I saw nothing. I stepped out and looked around, to see no one there. I yelled hello, and no answer.

I was about to walk in until I saw a little card on the rail of the porch, which I didn't bother to look at when I first came out.

I opened the card, cutting my finger with a small papercut.

I was shocked and thought what could this note possibly mean. It read:

Don't play with fire, or you'll get burned.

I didn't know what to think. I looked around one more time and went inside the house.

I grabbed my things from the kitchen and went into the bonus room. Their bonus room had a long wide couch, with a projector and a projector screen, pool table, and a poker table. It was huge. I could sleep here, but I'm sure they wouldn't let me.

I've only been in here once since working for them. It was never dirty, which only meant that they were never in here.

Just when I was about to find a good movie on the shelf, I heard the front door shut and big loud mouths following.

I ended up stomping my foot on the edge of the couch at the bottom, and I yelled loudly. So of course, they just had to hear me.

They came in looking at me, then laughing.

"It's not funny. I hurt my toe." I whined, flopping down in the middle of the couch.

"It is, because you need to cut them things." Deuce said coming to sit next to me, while taking my popcorn.

"What we finna watch?" Boon asked, sticking his hand in my bowl. It was going on 10, and I felt like watching something scary.

"Why must y'all come in and mess up my movie night?" I said looking at all of them.

"It's our house. " they said together, then laughed after.

"Since you got our snacks ready, I'll order the pizza boo." Zel said smirking at me, then grabbing his phone.

"Ween been in here in a min." Deuce said, looking around the room.

"Again. Why must y'all ruin my night?

He smirked and shrugged a little. He was about to grab my gummy bears, and I hit his hand away.

"Dang, Blue. What's that for?"

"They're mine! And my favorite! Now get!" I said, fanning him away.

"Whatever Beige." He was mad.

After fussing with all of them and getting the pizza, we all got on the big couch. Boon was on the right end laying down, while Zel laid on the left end. So that left Deuce and me in the middle. He was now stretched out, with his head by my thigh and his feet by Boon's head.

During the movie, Boon hid behind the pillow, while Zel fussed at the stupid girl going into crazy places. Shortly after, we decided on another movie. Something funny because me and Boon didn't want any nightmares. We got laughed at.

Almost 30 minutes into the movie, Boon and Zel had fallen asleep. Deuce was still up, not entertained by this movie at all.

"You don't like it?" I asked him, laughing a little.

"No."

"Why? Trolls are cute and they're fun." I said shaking my head. He mugged me.

I put my hands in the surrendering form. After a few minutes, I thought about the mystery note at the door. I figured I'd tell him sooner than, later right?

"Hey, while y'all were gone... I found this outside on the porch." I said, getting up. He sat up a little and grabbed the note I gave him.

He read over it and passed it back. "Throw it away."

"Wait, why? It doesn't alarm you?" I said, looking at the card.

"Na. I don't care." He said. I care tho nigga.

He sat there so nonchalant. I figured I wouldn't worry about it right now, but maybe I could keep it. I tried to sneak it back to the couch, but he caught me.

"Throw it away Blue. It's nothing to worry bout. Trust me." He said with low eyes, falling asleep. I twisted my lips and threw it in the trash can from my seat.

"Okay, Blue can ball." I said hyping myself up.

"Shut up, you Skylar Diggins wannabe." Zel said, turning to the other side. I stuck up my finger and turned to watch the movie.

"I'll break it ma. Do it again."

I guess working for them wasn't bad, after all.