Chapter 19

BOON

"Can I talk to u?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Let's go sit on the deck out back."

I let Blue go in front of me, and let her sit first.

"What's up? What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk bout yesta'day."

"I told you it was alright. It was a while ago. A long time ago."

"Yea. Well, I can undastand'."

"Something bothering you? You can tell me anything."

I kno that I could, and I knew she'd listen to me. We been thru a lot. Me and Zel. And even Deuce. We only had each other'.

"We ain't really have no family either."

"I know. Deuce mentioned it when he was high off his meds." She laughed a little.

"Yea. We only have each otha' ya kno?"

She nodded like she unda'stood.

"Wat yall talkin bout?" Zel came out, sittin beside Blue on the steps.

"Family." I said lowly.

He sat there for a while silently.

"Yup. They all left us." He finally said.

"Just Gone." He shook his head. We were never really good with death. More so the grieving part.

Blue looked at us, and shared a warm smile.

"Well I won't leave you guys."

We smiled back at her, and knew that she meant it. She hugged us both, and we sat there lookin' out at the backyard.

"My mother left me and Milly six years ago. She left with my ex-boyfriend. And, before you say anything, yes. She was always chasing younger guys. I was 18, Milly was still young. She was never really there anyway, so we moved in with my Mema."

It was quiet fa a few seconds again.

"Our moms and dad was shot up one day. Still not sure who did it, but I think it was meant for someone else. So we endin up stayin' wit our aunt Angel." Zel said, lookin' down.

"She was sick, got cancer. So, we aint have her much longer afta dat."

"My parents are stuck up and only care about themselves." Kelly spoke. We turned around to see Kelly, Deuce, and Milly standin' there.

We all took turns, talkin' bout our life. Our fam. Wat we went thru.

"Well now, this is our new fam." I said.

"Our new fam." We all said in unison.

DEUCE

"Blue. Let's go man."

"Im coming. Don't rush me." She said, comin' down the stairs.

We was gone meet everybody back at the park, fa sum mo shootin'. I don't kno wat she was doin, but she was takin' too damn long.

"Wat's up wit u and sweatpants?"

"They're comfy."

"Is dat my hoodie?"

"Na. It's my other nigga's." She smirked.

"Getcho ass beat."

***

"Blue, stop messin' wit the radio."

"No. Let me listen to what I wanna listen too meanie." She said dancin' in her seat.