Chapter 40

BLUE

Today was the twins' birthday, and I was dreading going over to the party. Millan and Kelly were throwing them a party in the backyard. They didn't want to go all out like we did, which was understandable.

I knew that I would run into Deuce sooner or later, so why not do it today? Just to get it over with, ya know?

I've been staying in this hotel for quite some time. Maybe it's just time for me to get me an apartment. I did enjoy the hotel view, but I was scared to be alone most nights.

Of course, the girls offered their guest rooms. But I just don't know. Still too close to him.

I got dressed in something comfortable, with jeans and a white nice fitted shirt, with silver sandals. I put my hair in a low ponytail and put on my simple basic jewelry. I wasn't gonna stress today.

I walked in front of my mirror, looking at myself. I think I picked up a little weight. I guess depression will do that to you. Even my boobs seemed huge.

After sitting around for a while, I got my things and to the party I went.

ZEL & MIL'S HOUSE

"Happy Birthday Booney." I hugged him tightly.

"Thank u sis. I love you."

"I love you. Happy Birthday Buzzard." I hugged Zel.

"Thanks Doof. Love you."

"Love you." I smiled at them both, and placed their gifts on the table.

"Blue, this is a pool party. Where is your bathing suit?" Mil asked.

"Um, I think I'm going to skip that part." I shrugged.

"Nope. I got one upstairs for you. Go change. Everybody else is outside."

"Fine."

15 MINUTES LATER

After finally concluding that I won't be able to dodge Deuce, I changed and made my way downstairs. I went outside with everyone, and locked eyes with him. He made my stomach flutter, and I didn't know why. He had hurt me.

I broke contact and helped the girls with everything they needed me to do. Deuce and Big Bird were grilling, and all the others stood around.

After everything had calm down, most people stood around socializing. Milly and Zel were in the pool in their own world. Boon was trying to find his doughnut float, while Kelly was in the house.

I wasn't really down for the pool, so I never took my shorts off. I just stuck my feet in, and looked around.

"Mind if I sit?"

"Nope." I said lowly, rocking my feet back and forth.

DEUCE

"How are u?"

"Fine."

"Coo. I miss u."

"Coo." She copied me.

"U look beautiful."

"Thank you Deuce."

"I'm sorry Blue. Fa everything."

"We don't have to talk about it." I mumbled.

"I want too. I want u to kno the truth."

"The truth? Go ahead then."

"Blue. I didn't cheat on u. I love u."

"mm."

"I acted the way I did before', because I was havin' nightmares." I looked down because I was embarrassed.