The Apology(chapter 20)

Chris returned home with a heavy heart after all that that incident. He texted Mark and Mike about what happened. "God what have I done. How should I apologize to her" thought Chris. After an hour of thinking he finally decided to go to her home and apologise . He went there but her mother told that she was not at home. He decided to try after sometime. He sat on his study table but was unable to concentrate on his studies. He saw Nicole entering her home. He decided it was the right time. He quickly got up from his seat and approached her home. As he was about to enter her gate he saw Mrs. Taylor exiting from there. "Oh,you Chris.Nicole had come. You can now meet her" said Mrs.Taylor to Chris. "Thank you Mrs. Taylor" said Chris. Mrs.Taylor told him that she was going to the market and will be back in an hour. He waved good bye to her and proceeded to knock the door. Nicole opened the door. She was surprised to see Chris.

Chris: Hey..Nicole!!!!Are you okay?

She was about the close the door without answering him, when he held the door with his hand.

Chris: Hey wait. We have to talk. I just want your five minutes..please....I beg.

Nicole: Ok. What do you want to say?

Chris: Are you okay now? Did I hurted you-

Nicole: No I am not ok. You hurted too much but not me, William.

Chris: Nicole please try to understand.

Nicole: You should say sorry to him.

Chris: Why didn't you protested that day, like today, when he had beaten me to death.

Nicole: Because it was your fault and you deserved it.

Chris: Nicole, please try to understand he is not what he is trying to act.

Nicole: What problem do you have with him? Why don't you accept-

Chris: No I can't.

Nicole: Why are you jealous?

Chris: Why would be I jealous?

Nicole: Because he makes me happy and you can't see my happiness.

Chris: Nicole this is not true, please understand.

Nicole: Ok I accept he is not good. He was wrong that day. He is playing with me. But why do you care?

Chris: Because..I....I-

Before Chris could say anything she closed the door on his face.