twenty two ; valentine's day

*BELLA'S POV*

Great, Valentine's Day.

Right as I stepped into school I wanted to make a U-turn and run the hell away from all the stupid heart-shaped posters and cupid dolls decorating the walls. There were even a few couples already making out against the wall.

I quickly walked past them, groaning inwardly. I've never hated Valentine's day more. Previous years there wasn't anyone I was attached to, but now that I was and I'd just so conveniently argued with the both of them, it felt even more lonely to not receive anything today.

Ugh, I hate this lonely feeling.

Walking into class, I tried my hardest to ignore the beaming faces of my friends as they swooned loudly over the roses their boyfriend had given them. God, could they at least be considerate to people like me???

But well, I'm sure I wasn't going to be the only one to not receive a flower. I might even receive some from secret admirers, as I had the past few years.

I tried to keep a smiley face as I listened to Jennie gushing about how this boy she was flirting with currently had bought her five stalks of roses. Inside, I was getting more and more embarrassed that I still haven't received any.

Looking around, I noticed with a sinking heart that everyone but me had roses on their desk. Either their friends had got it for them, or their boyfriends had. Me? I had two boyfriends and a best friend, and yet I'd received zero roses.

Great. Just great.

Every person that walked past my table I felt like he/she was secretly laughing at me for not having received any roses. I could just hear them thinking, 'Serves Bella right. Who told her to be such a bitch?'

I started smiling and laughing harder, trying my ultimate best to not show how affected I was by my empty table...

────────────

Where was Jennie? It was break time, and Jennie had gone to the toilet but has yet to return. I didn't want to be alone in the classroom, so I'd come out to look for her.

Spotting her blonde hair sticking out from the crowd, I started walking towards her in relief when the guy sitting beside her suddenly came into view. Shit. I stopped dead in my tracks and stared at her, suddenly feeling close to tears.

There my best friend was, with a lover beside her. And then here I was, all alone and feeling as needy as ever. Not having even received a single rose for freaking Valentine's Day.

I looked down onto the ground and willed my tears away, squeezing my eyes shut tightly, telling myself repeatedly that it was okay to be alone on Valentine's day. Yep, it was totally fine.

Just when I'd composed myself and was about to walk on ahead to the canteen, a voice called out from behind me, echoing through the halls and resounding loudly. Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared behind me, and at me, for he'd just called my name.

My name.

I couldn't recognise the voice, the echo and the distance made it slightly hard to figure out who it was. The only way to find out was...

I turned around, curious. And there, walking right towards me with a bouquet of flowers in his hand, was Kim Hanbin.

And behind him trailed all his friends, with the exception of Bobby. They each carried at least ten stalks of roses in their hands, and were grinning away with glee in their eyes.