thirty eight ; teasing

"If I hadn't, would you be this happy now?"

My heart stopped at his words, and I looked down onto the floor, unable to meet his eyes. Laughing softly, he slapped me gently on the shoulders, squeezing it reassuringly.

"It's okay, bro. That was my choice." He grinned goofily, patting my shoulders.

I shook my head and looked away, unable to quench this guilt that was rising in me. "I... I just feel sorry for everything man..."

"Nah, don't feel sorry

"Nah, don't feel sorry. I thought it through before I did it. Things turned out for the better, didn't it? She doesn't have to choose anymore, and you two can date happily without me as a third party. The whole thing was stupid anyways."

Bobby turned and went to lean on the balcony railing, his eyes squinted against the wind blowing past his face. I went to join him, closing my eyes and feeling the wind ruffle through my hair.

"Don't you regret it?" I asked softly. He was silent for awhile before answering, seemingly contemplating his answer. "A little bit. It hurts to see her unaffected."

"She's not. She pretends she is, but I know she's not. Even though now she denies it, I can tell she truly liked you." I turned to glance at him, grinning when he smiled a little.

"But really, thank you, bro. I really owe you big time." Slapping his back with a loud smack on purpose, I laughed when he turned around and tried to hit me with his fist.

Struggling against him, we wrestled for awhile before finally collapsing onto the floor, exhausted and laughing hysterically.

"Yah, Hanbin." He called. "Ne, hyung." I answered, smiling at the ceiling.

"Treat her well, okay? Not that I doubt you will, but just in case." Putting on a serious face at that, I turned to face him and nodded seriously, "Yes sir!"

And the two of us just laid there exchanging silly comments and laughing while hitting each other, just like the old days.